Wheres my tool kit?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisH458

Reaction score
As per the title...

I had a search through the forum and couldn't see anything, so apologies if this has already been done!

I have a 15 plate gen3 with the seat hump/cover, no pillion kit... the manual indicates that if I did I would have a tool kit neatly stowed under/in the pillion seat, however that not being the case, where is the standard tool kit likely to be? I've had a look over the whole bike and can see nowhere for it and the seat hump is hollow except the lock and the locating/retaining hooks.

thanks in advance.

It?s small and wrapped in a black fabric roll bag, and usually the length of a screwdriver and only an inch or two in diameter, usually wedged down one side under the rear, maybe it?s slid down a little. If still stuck later I can take a pic of mine when I get back so you know what you are looking for.

Thanks RE, if you get chance it would be appreciated... will take a venture to the lock up and investigate this evening none the less...

If you bought 2nd hand its probably in the previous owners garage, in a box, forgotten...

- Alex

If you bought 2nd hand its probably in the previous owners garage, in a box, forgotten...

- Alex
Or sold.. have you seen the price of the component parts.. someone was selling a full kit on EB a while ago..think the listing was in excess of ?100.00

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

2 spoons and a knife ! [emoji603][emoji102]

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

haha might as well be for my knowledge unfortunately I don’t do any maintenance on my bikes Jesus I gota ride them lol. Had to take kit out for wallet and phone space

OEM Tool Kit

I wouldn?t worry too much if the OEM tool kit is missing. It?s about as much use as a chocolate teapot anyway.

LMAO, thanks for all the replies... and yep was second hand and yep as with all bike tool kits will probably be made of cheap continental chocolate and as much use as a bottle of brown bread, but was confused by not even seeing a space for it under the seat, especially with the alarm in there! I was simply wondering out of wanting to keep all the standard bits I may/or may not remove stored safe over its life with me.

It's no worries, I'm sure I'll either live without or pick one up at some point (if my OCD nature forces me), but I have a comprehensive tool box to ensure the beast stays in fine fettle! :tongue-new:

I dont think I ever used the tool kit that came with my bike. From memory there was a screwdriver with double heads (torx and philips), a double ended spanner, front axle tool, some fuses. So you are not missing much.

OEM Tool Kit

Pictured below is what is included in the OEM tool kit. Apart from the spare fuse it's pretty much useless.

IMG_3618.jpg

Just Spoke with my local dealer... Back order from Germany (couple of weeks with it being crimbo)... ?32 all in! loads better than a ton off fleabay, lol.

Got one ordered for that price just for completeness and to calm my OCD.

As already pointed out though, it will likely never be opened and will live in a box of spares etc for the bike, ready for the next owner when I'm done!!

Re: OEM Tool Kit

Pictured below is what is included in the OEM tool kit. Apart from the spare fuse it's pretty much useless.

View attachment 4000

And so the plot thickens... Will give my local dealer a call back today as picked up my OEM kit yesterday on the way out to the lakes for the day, opened last PM to see what my ?32 got me... As expected, not a lot, but less than planned!!

From the Pic supplied by RyS my ?32 got me items:
2 Tool Roll
3 Dual tipped - Phillips/Torx srewdriver shaft
4 10x13mm Open jaw combination spanner
7 Suspension/Headstock Splined C Spanner
9 Micro Fuses (x3 4/7.5/10amp)
10 Fuse Tool
14 17mm open jawed spanner

I'm therefore assuming I'm still missing:
5/6 rear axle spanner and handle (although these are greyed out so maybe discontinued?)
8 front axle adaptor (I assume that's what it is?)
11 screw driver handle (So I might actually be able to use Item 3!)
12 allen key
13 Second wallet thing!

Will update in here once I know any more.

just dragged mine out the cupboard and i got

Looks like yours is subtly different again, and not as per the pic provided by RyS either!

looks like its grab a few things and put em in a bag lol . tbh mine will stay in garage cupboard till if i ever got rid of bike

Re: OEM Tool Kit

View attachment 4000

So, whilst booking in for the annual service I brought up the question of random toolkit components... the image attached is the "show everything" catalogue shot apparently that covers all gen 1 to 3 bikes, however it is then dependant on model year as to what you get! for instance the 15/16 bike will not receive 5/6/8 and the 17/18 bikes also loose items 7/12!

Still doesn't explain my missing screwdriver handle, which they've said they have spare of and will pass one on at the service for nowt :afro:

Back