New member saying hi

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Orbit7

Reaction score
Hi, hoping to get my first S1KRR in the new year. Previously had a NC30, NC35, Hornet, Street Triple. Playing to run it in (almost) all conditions, so hoping to learn plenty here.

Hi and welcome , I’m quite new to this forum but there is plenty of good advice to be had.

Welcome to the forum!

What generation RR do you intend on purchasing in 2019 and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and, as Steve says, loads of information [emoji4]

- Oli

Gen 3 most likely, there seems to be some good deals available on ex demo models. All kinds of riding really, commuting to London, country roads around Herts/Bucks.

Does everyone put a oil cooler guard on? It seems pretty exposed but hearing of potential warranty issues if you fit one.

... Does everyone put a oil cooler guard on? It seems pretty exposed but hearing of potential warranty issues if you fit one.

The majority do. Radiator guards are highly recommended and will not invalidate your warranty, however your dealer will likely be unwilling to install them for you

- Oli

Gen 3 most likely, there seems to be some good deals available on ex demo models. All kinds of riding really, commuting to London, country roads around Herts/Bucks.

Does everyone put a oil cooler guard on? It seems pretty exposed but hearing of potential warranty issues if you fit one.

Hi and welcome to the forum. No warranty issues, although some dealers have a bee in their bonnet about them, probably because they cant then sell you a replacement radiator when a stone punctures it.

asked my dealer they said they wouldn't fit one . so spoke to tech when on 1st service they said put an evotech one on the have no issues with them . so I did fit and runs spot on

Back