Bell Race Star

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
I'm seriously considering this... If It fits as good as my Bell Carbon M6 it's a pure winner...looks fantastic..

Alex had his eye on one too. I don't really need a new lid... My Arai RX V annoys the **** out me, it drags so much, my Bell M6 is top drawer but isn't as pretty as this baby..
199396c8ddc495edac95fece8138a6fc.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !
86ae09708d1892461c411a8526f7945b.jpg
1204d6e180b8b25198f1e0965229d555.jpg

Last edited:
FWIW, I could never find one in the right size to test...and they are very race, no ratchet on the visor to open by degrees it's open or shut.
After spending a while in J&S testing 10 different lids. The X-Lite 803RR is the lightest and nearly perfect, just the interior seemed to move too much on my forehead...but I think on the move it would be fine. It's nearly 400g lighter than an Arai which is a lot when you're talking about fatigue.

I will definitely be getting the Shoei X-Spirit III next time. It's just the perfect bash hat for my noggin.

Last edited:
I have always had HJC then moved to the X-lite RR it's a great lid would definitely recommend.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

That's a nice lid Stu. Get it bought, it's nearly Christmas
Cheers Kenny...it looks really smart.. I'm confident enough to order one without trying it on mainly due to me having the earlier model... Boomaz has just rubber stamped it !

Ive bought 2 lids and 4 sets of leathers in the last 2 years lol...

My motto..."he who dies with the maist toys wins"

FWIW, I could never find one in the right size to test...and they are very race, no ratchet on the visor to open by degrees it's open or shut..

I never realised this...and just read this..can't think if that's going to bug me... tum te tum...hmmmmm

Most are available on a return basis if not worn outside...what's the worst that can happen :)

- Alex

On it's way....Arai prices for the Dark visor....82 Quid !.

Visorshop... excellent service in the past and good people to deal with, should get it midweek..bought 200 rear Power RS too ..
30fd67776c3e16052e0e5784dd7f2c63.jpg
a19f336fcabaec6d6fc3b836ad8f5e65.jpg

Last edited:
Thread update...

Just getting my gear together for the season..

Pulled my Bell Race Star out of the box today...just noticed the Pinlock supplied doesn't fit the smoked visor.. theres actual no fixings on the visor for it !...

There is on the Clear visor though.

I'm a bit perplexed.. I hope then that the inside of the smoked visor is chemically treated similar to the older model which I have..and works perfectly well.

I did ask if it came with a Pinlock..which it does, I just assumed it would fit the smoked visor.

Can't see any info regarding this on the smoked visors packaging...grrrr..

1092fd045fec4d8c05bb0811f39bf813.jpg
1da9d9a0195d5aa31c808f8085d32fd7.jpg

NB:

Has to be the easiest visor to change ever... open visor, push button, slide forward...that's it ! Simply slides back into position with a snap... very impressive..
dd499292a5d5cf790e289ac347a4ebbf.jpg
39f25b45da1007d7ad1a67ec26c008cb.jpg

871441a69e5e5414eaea6643bc4cdc26.jpg

Last edited:
Just noticed it must have an anti fog coating on it.... doesn't mention in the packaging or manual... aw well all good !

Looks like a fantastic bit of kit Stu, really is a stunning looking lid.

Re the smoked visor not being Pinlock compatible, this seems similar to AGV Pista helmets, which are available in both race and road specs. The former are not Pinlock ready.
Might be worth checking with Bell (?)

- Oli

Cheers Oli..yea it's a cool looker..I never realised how easy it was to change the visor..they really have made some brilliant improvements..the strap assy and magnetic clip are amazing....

Better be good on the road lol !

Bit of feed back on this Bell Race Star..

I had it on yesterday and today, early impressions equal the look and feel of it.. it's incredibly well made, the strap even feels high quality...strange though that may seem but I feel I have to comment on that part. The magnetic catch for the loose end is excellent and I still can't believe how easy a visor change is compared to my RX V... No chin draught to speak of and very little buffeting at high speed. Only used it for 2 short blasts but I'm really pleased with the results... plus it looks really sharp... Bell have upped their game big style on this model.

Recommendation from me !

Back