New from aus

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ToddyRR

Reaction score
Gday to all, from queensland australia here and just quickly saying hello to activate my account. Just got a brand new 18 s1000rr all black. Will post pics in another area shortly. Love these bikes, have finally said goodbye to ducati once and for all!!! 959 just sold lol

Welcome Todd, are there good routes near you for a Sunday blast?

Last edited:
Hi mate.. where in Queensland are you from...

I've been up to Cairns from Sydney and back down on a McAfferty's bus stopping off at all the usual places....scorching hot weather and fantastic people and beaches !.

Welcome from Scotland...

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

Welcome to the forum Toddy and congratulations on your new RR!

Really like the 18 model?s black colour scheme, I hope you have many happy miles onboard your new steed [emoji41]

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?
What brought you to BMW and away from Ducati once and for all?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information [emoji4]

- Oli

Yeah im from Brisbane and theres not too many good routes locally, but an hours ride down the coast takes you to mt tamborine and theres some great riding up through the mountains there and plenty of places to explore on the bike. Most of my riding is solely street these days as dont get the time to do track anymore. Finally moved from the ducatis due to falling out of love with the v twin and also bloody reliability. I was either working on them or they were in the bloody shop under warranty!! Always wanted to buy a beemer, so finally pulled the trigger. Its in the process of getting about half its fairing converted to fullsix carbon at the moment. Went for the matt carbon, as i think its the best finish and also suits the bike.

might not have too many good roads but I bet you have decent weather to ride in not like us poor buggers in the uk.

Hi toddy welcome to the forum.

I knew some aussie bikers on another forum who said that during the summer it can be too hot to ride, do you find that the case? We've just had one of the best summers in the uk that I can recall, feels like a very distant memory at the moment though lol.

Welcome Todd,
Congrat on your new purchase, looking forward to some pix with all the carbon. I hope you would get a chance to run the bike at PI since it?s the best track in world in my opinion, but it does mean 1500km trek down to Melbourne.

Back