HM Quickshifter

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevsrevs

Reaction score
Hi, has anyone fitted a HM Quickshifter assembly to their S1000RR? I have just received one today only to realise that when they bang on about cutting ignition....and then they supply a shifter with a loom to cut fuel injection I?m thinking someone?s talking crap?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

yes i have,but mines for the gen3 with auto blipper,what bike you on? gen2 i assume?

Yes 2014 Gen 2, I was running a Alpha shifter but it become faulty and decided to replace it with a cheaper option but starting to think i should have stuck with Alpha?

i have the alpha on my gen3 atm (blipper version) and seems to work fine,but only done 3 days at aragon with it on,at jerez next week so will be able to get a better idea,will do a day with the HM aswell for comparison

Thanks for that, iv messaged the seller just to double check they have sent the correct loom as it does clearly say ignition cut in the listing.

? HM Plus Quickshifters kill from the ignition side of the engine, so there is no chance of ?extended? fuel burning, secondary injectors (which most modern sportbikes have) that are not shut off, or any other problems that might be associated with fuel side controls.
Spark is dead, gearbox unloads and the HM initiates an ultra smooth, gentle and unquestionably the fastest gear change you can get.?

If not I?ll be sending it back.

hm defo do fuel on the beemer. even when you go to the hm site and in there paperwork they say ignition but when you ring them they tell you its the fuel thats cut.
better get some stamps.lol :)

If I remember right, was a long time ago lol, it was wired into the injectors, I could never get it satisfactory and when I swopped it back to oe for sale, wondered why I ever bothered. It was also blamed for crunching gearboxes....

Must say I find the stock QS and blipper too soft and squishy (technical terms). I've got a HM to go on there when I get a chance which I'm hoping I'll be able to get setup better than the stock one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the kill time on the stock QS if you've got the RCK3 ecu access? @Scooby?? Its always a problem with road bike QS as they are setup for lazy low rpm road shifting from the factory which is too slow once you get on track.

Last edited:
Must say I find the stock QS and blipper too soft and squishy (technical terms). I've got a HM to go on there when I get a chance which I'm hoping I'll be able to get setup better than the stock one.

Does anyone know if it's possible to adjust the kill time on the stock QS if you've got the RCK3 ecu access? @Scooby?? Its always a problem with road bike QS as they are setup for lazy low rpm road shifting from the factory which is too slow once you get on track.

To my knowledge the Shift Assist Pro cut times are programmable via the RCK3.

Re soft and squishy, I believe Alpha Racing offer a higher rate shift detent spring for the Gen 3 bikes

- Oli

Soft and squishy hahahaha! Know what you mean though. Its sprung loaded, presumably to match up revs and 'box speed for a perfect change.?

yes you can alter the kill time on the stock shifter via RCK3,the HM you have can be set up itself via the little control box on the unit itself.

just come back from a solid 3 days at jerez with the Alpha/lohmann blipper on the gen3 and it is a faster,more positive change,and from what i can feel is a faster down shift also,i never got round to fitting the HM unit so cant a proper comparison to that,it'll have to wait till next yr now

Back