whats missing??

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

imperialblue63

Reaction score
hi all can anyone help with this just got back from motorcycle live and not sure wether someone has nicked something of my s1000rr was fitting some blanking plates on the rear footrest points when I noticed on the lefthand side of the frame just above the subframe bolt 2 small holes were something should or could be attached not sure if anything was there or not as I have only had bike 2 weeks and never noticed before can anyone shed any light on what these holes are for thanks.

Pic upload comes with subscription unfortunately. Costs a lot to store.
Alternatively host on g-drive, onedrive,flikr or another hosting drive and link back on here.

- Alex

how do I post picture please

As a Standard member, you must post a URL to a photo hosting site such as Google etc.

Alternatively, if you subscribe as a Premier member you can upload photos natively to the site. We of course prefer the latter option [emoji6]

The linked thread details the numerous other benefits of Premier membership should this be of interest to you [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

- Oli

What year is your bike?
Do you mean two small holes on the swing arm near the rear shock or on the actual subframe in the same area?

Either so I think you're talking about the holes to mount a suspension potentiometer (travel metering device).

- Alex

Last edited:
As a Standard member, you must post a URL to a photo hosting site such as Google etc.

Alternatively, if you subscribe as a Premier member you can upload photos natively to the site. We of course prefer the latter option [emoji6]

The linked thread details the numerous other benefits of Premier membership should this be of interest to you [emoji846]

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

- Oli
oli ive paid for premier membership so I will post pic thanks

Holes for the pot sensor which was added to the Gen3 with DDC.

(And HP4 before that)

- Alex

Last edited:
They started adding the holes to all bikes. Around the time the HP4 came out. You've not said what year yours is but I am seeing a non-ddc shock (adjusters on it) the I assume you have a late Gen2.

Nothing is missing. Its as it left the factory.

- Alex

Back