GoPro issues

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I?m wondering if anyone else has experienced this.

Last outing at Knockhill I came in and the camera was off, but strange but didn?t think anything off it, maybe I hadn?t switched it on. So next time out made sure I put it on and the same again, so took the camera off and it had froze, and wasn?t playing ball. Got home, removed battery and put it back in, it was no working but would only record for 5 secs before stopping, there was at least 40 minutes of record time left.

Tried different sd cards and they were working fine, I then downloaded the footage from the sd card and when it to the end it was corrupt and wouldn?t work, then when I put that sd card back in the camera it came up as no sd card fitted.

So I decided it was the sd card that was faulty, purchased a brand new one and thought that was it. Fast forward to Oulton Park and the same thing happened, came in and it was switched off, went out again and in after a red flag maybe 5 mins in and it was off again.

So it seems that the camera is gubbed, I haven?t looked at it since getting home but is there anything that can be done or just a case of get a new one? It?s a GoPro 3 black edition or something like that, I can?t even remember.

Action cameras are fickle and flakey.

I would do a factory reset, update firmware if thats an option and format the sd card IN the go pro. My drift cameras can do wierd things if I remove content from the card then try to record again. Post formatting it all works again.

- Alex

Action cameras are fickle and flakey.

I would do a factory reset, update firmware if thats an option and format the sd card IN the go pro. My drift cameras can do wierd things if I remove content from the card then try to record again. Post formatting it all works again.

- Alex

good shout, I’ll give that a try. Next time I’ll leave it running in the house to see what happens, nothing’s more frustrating than being out on track having a superb battle with a few bikes to then come in and have absolutely no footage of it.

good shout, I?ll give that a try. Next time I?ll leave it running in the house to see what happens, nothing?s more frustrating than being out on track having a superb battle with a few bikes to then come in and have absolutely no footage of it.
Yeah 100% i don't have my best laps from Portimao for this reason.

Some cameras are DOA. I bought the Nikon KeyMission 360 for the same trip. Turned out it couldn't charge and killed the battery in 10mins.

All I got was the sighting laps :(
Its since been replaced and the new one runs 1hr per charge, so I will need a few batteries...

https://youtu.be/uQzHB6g6XQI

- Alex

I had the same thing happen with my GoPro 5 I think it was. I've not had it happen with the GoPro 6 Session or Hero.

I left it recording in the living room and it kept recording without an issue, I switched it off after 12 minutes.

Looking over the recordings from Oulton it first switched off mid lap whilst it had been on for 22 mins.

The second time it had switched off after 11 minutes and the third time it had switched off after 7 minutes. I gave up with it after that.

I had a quick look there via the app and I?m not sure if you can do firmware updates for this version, or none that I can see. I?m thinking it?s done and it?s time to replace it with a newer one for next season.

Last edited:
Ah time for a new one mate, the difference is like going from 1960s TV to 4K HD! The last couple generations have jumped massively in quality. In particular the vibration processing is way better than on other cameras.

How did you find it? I’ve just chopped the s1krr in for a 1299s, I was considering the gen 3 but fell in love with the 1299s

I'm a huge Panigale fan, I pretty much learnt to ride on them as I bought the first one four or five months after getting my licence in a spectacular feat of sillyness after doing a test ride and man maths. I got the BMW initially as a road bike and now because of racing but i still have my 1199R until it goes back to finance next year. The Gen 3 is probably a little faster but the 1299 is definitly more exciting to ride and actually feels faster since it's much more of a handful. If you dont mind the price I would say the 1299 is a near perfect do-everything bike but the BMW is more practical and easier to ride quicker. The agility of the 1299 is a beautiful thing to experience, it's so light and easy to crank over. I did notice the heavier engine over the 1199 hence going to the R but the 1299 will be longer lasting engine wise.

Last edited:
and this the latest Gopro (7?)

Monners, excellent video, where did you mount the camera, on the fuel tank? Did you have to do anything to the microphone, wrap the camera in foam to cover the microphone? Was it inside a waterproof housing?
I want to treat myself to a GoPro hero7 for Christmas and just wanted to know if I need any additional accessories with the purchase. Thanks, Steve

Back