Radar detectors

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groot

Reaction score
Evening,

Can anyone recommend a radar detector that sits on the dash for as many detection options as possible please? I?ve a 2010 s1000rr.

Covering speed, gantry, red light or mobile cameras please?

Thanks
G

CamerAlert can be configured to open Waze and I run both in the background with my intercom. Has access to the published databases including mobile camera vans. Given the nature of mobile camera vans you do get some false positives when they aren?t there which can be annoying but rather that than miss one... and it has saved me when Waze hasn?t. (Both are a good combo) Access to the regularly updated database is ?19.99 a year but very worth it next to a fine or a ban.

I should add I?ve tried dash based warnings and the problem is when you are ?travelling at national limits? you tend to be looking ahead and not at your dash (or should be). I used to miss the warning lights. Audio warnings through an intercom is the way forward.

Hi, which intercom do you use?

I?m looking to just get Bluetooth speakers so I can hear the apps while riding.

Mark

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I swapped my old intercom which worked on the interrupt method. The problem with this was that by the time the audio interrupt (to whatever I was listening to) had happened on the intercom the alert had often taken place on the phone meaning I missed it. I swapped my intercom for a SENA 20s Evo for exactly this reason because they do audio multitasking which blends audio from several sources at the same time and overlays the alerts onto whatever you are listening to or who you are talking to so you never miss it. This works well but I?m not sold on every other element of the SENA. They have fixed helmet speakers though and not bluetooth, although once fitted you just forget about them. There are other intercoms that do the audio overlay... I think I remember Alex saying Cardio do too, but check before you commit.

Thanks for the recommendation, guess I need to spend more than ?10 on a pair of speakers.

I?m wondering if the Apple AirPod 2 would work as they will have a noise cancellation feature, I?m not bothered about intercom capability,

I guess it depends on whether you can get them comfy inside your lid, and whether they seal the ear and give you some noise protection at the same time.... if not there are plenty of companies that do ?custom moulded to your ear? bluetooth speakers. I?ve seen some threads on here with recommendations I think. Motorcycle live also usually have a few companies doing it on the spot if you plan to go...

Thanks all for the comments - I've a Waze app on my iphone which I'll look to synch with my Sena 20s.

All the best
G

I guess it depends on whether you can get them comfy inside your lid, and whether they seal the ear and give you some noise protection at the same time.... if not there are plenty of companies that do ?custom moulded to your ear? bluetooth speakers. I?ve seen some threads on here with recommendations I think. Motorcycle live also usually have a few companies doing it on the spot if you plan to go...

Ok, that?s another idea, yes, I am going to MCN Live this Sunday, will ask around.

Thanks for the recommendation, guess I need to spend more than ?10 on a pair of speakers.

I?m wondering if the Apple AirPod 2 would work as they will have a noise cancellation feature, I?m not bothered about intercom capability,

The AirPods work just fine & I find them super comfy. They don?t however drown out engine & wind noise.
I feel most relaxed with well fitted earplugs & no audio disctractions.
On a long distance, steady tour, I may have a different viewpoint.
My main concern is the volume has to be relatively high when making progress.. surely can?t be good for the ears.

On a side note, I?m not an apple fanboy, but the AirPods are a brilliant piece of kit.
Make calls, take calls, music, Siri & no wires.
Picked my kids up from school today and put them in without even being connected.. no bollox mums talk about Tarquinius & his reading level achievements..that alone makes them priceless.

Interesting, I always wear earplugs when riding now, I have already damaged my hearing after riding for 40 years, I would probably go for custom fitted ear plugs with Bluetooth speakers so I can have ear protection.

I would like to try the Air Pods as well but I?ll keep my options open.

Back