Short lay ups

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I?m gonna be having 7-14 days between rides this winter. Should I pop her up on front and back stands? She?s wearing Road5?s at the mo. Cheers, H

Bike or your Mrs big man ? Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Heh heh.
Sticky rubber is all well and good in the summer Stu, but when it gets really wet I find a good hard winter pair means you can still really chuck her around. Stay upright, no-one gets hurt, enjoy the ride...

I work away for 16 days at a time, home for 5 days.. and all I do is make sure she's clean and dry... put her on front and back axle stands.. and leave her till I get home again.. I too run PR5's. mint tires..

I stick mine on stands but its just easier to do maintenance. I like the idea of it being off the cold floor.

- Alex

I just put mine on a rear paddock stand, I don?t even own a front one! A bit of carpet under the front tyre and turn ever few weeks is good enough for me.

Paddock Stands

I always put mine on paddock stands regardless of how long it will be sitting unused.

Back