Monners Gen 3

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Data

Excellent! It?s always eye-opening when you get to compare data with a BSB rider as you can clearly see where, and how, you can make up time.

Thanks for the superb post @Monners , was a thoroughly enjoyable read and am glad to hear that you?re equilibrating to the RR [emoji41]

- Oli

Great stuff.
Can we have the Key for the comparison laps?
Do you know you can overlay two laps and use colour to separate? You can then see, metre by metre what he's doing with the throttle brake and lean angle vs you. Or check which gear he uses...etc etc.

Lots of info and you'll be itching to get out there again after going through it!

- Alex

Yeah I can go as deep into this as interests you guys. I just didn't want to scare people off with squiggly lines :) Interestingly whilst I initially made up two or three seconds in an afternoon just by working on the throttle to 100%, some of my fastest times like I posted above from the next day show lots of places where I'm down on the throttle because of pushing and being out of my comfort zone again. I'm still struggling a little to make my position on the bike feel natural. Once I settled a bit at the higher lap time I was able to knock another two tenths off just by concentrating on the throttle to 100% as often as possible again. It's great because I would be very unlikely I'd be working so hard on such a basic thing if I hadn't got all the data. There's always places for an extra squirt but I didn't realise quite how bad I was with the BMW. I need to head out to the garage to work on the bike but I'll get some comparison data up later on.

Attachments

• x3qfrvibR46qSoR7c6PEVA.jpg
    x3qfrvibR46qSoR7c6PEVA.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 112
  • FHK83S0bSYeJWL4a2lNaGg.jpg
    FHK83S0bSYeJWL4a2lNaGg.jpg
    1.2 MB · Views: 114
Last edited:
glad your finding it useful,these are the 2 things i always chirp on about to people trying to improve thier riding.proper instruction is the by far and away th bestmoney yo will ever spend on your bike (well it's actually yourself but you know what i mean),and then having real data to compare against is another valuable tool.
about 4 yrs ago i was having a major blip in my riding,was going slower and slower at every track i went to,but couldn't work out why.i've had a few 1-2-1 days in th past with spike edwards and a euro day with Mike Dickinson,and decided on the next euro i'd book Mike again to see if we could sort my riding and find my issues.simle answer was we knocked 4-5 seconds off current lap times by the end of the trip,and 1.5 seconds off my previous fastest,but more importantly carried that on for the next few yrs,gradually gettign faster till i hit a wall again,so did another day with Mike last yr and managed to knock another couple seconds off,getting down to 51's around Jerez now with more to come next time.

1 thing i would say though is,it's not a gaurantee,you have to put the effort in with instruction,listen and put what they say into practice but wont come in a day they are there to get you set up to improve througout your riding,they aren't cheap days but worth it.

Black bikes are not great for phots so I've been busy getting the team colours on today ready for the first round of NoLimits Racing at Donnington next weekend. Decals and whatnot to do tomorrow for sexiness. Also a phot from Jerez to remember how awesome it is in the sun! Lunatics racing in hailstorms at Brands and Snetterton today!

r+gsNjQMR+2dUotiBdkOTw.jpgIle85o0NRfOsrhSvFDVUAg.jpgView attachment _DSC9068.jpg

Think I'll be up at Donny next Sunday for a wander round with my mate, will keep an eye out for you.

Getting into Team Army colours :) I need to get myself a black mudguard and the tank cover is supposed to be red as well so not quite there but she's looking sexy.

54236677_10157177693837363_8493663093333688320_n.jpg54353392_10157177693892363_1509714449454333952_n.jpg54428406_10157177693772363_956612916172292096_n.jpg55446971_10157177693947363_5002052456339734528_n.jpg

i might have a black mudgaurd off an old set of fairings(it's not a glas fibre one,it's ABS i think or something similar) can check for sure later,but can do a swap if your interested(or if i have another,can sell it)

and i ahve to say,everyone was very sceptical about those calipers when i was selling them,but i personally think they look better than the shiney ones.could do witht he Brembo sig repainting though

I can't swap the mud guard as this one goes with my road fairings but if it's spare and a good price I'd definitely be interested as I need something for this weekend. Got to admit I'm confused about what calipers I have, they have no problem stopping the bike thats for sure, although I'm still not up to stregth and only really started working it on the last day.

I can't swap the mud guard as this one goes with my road fairings but if it's spare and a good price I'd definitely be interested as I need something for this weekend. Got to admit I'm confused about what calipers I have, they have no problem stopping the bike thats for sure, although I'm still not up to stregth and only really started working it on the last day.

they are the ones i sold you :)

they are the cafe racer style gp4 rx,exactly same workings/piston size as the shiney version,just look different

Haha ah I remember now. I couldn't think why they were not shiny, cheers!

Were you racing this weekend Monners? If so what class?
Was up on Sunday but not sure if I spotted you?!

Saw a couple of big accidents right in front of me, the R1 at Craner was huge, bike must have been 30 feet in the air. Had a look round it in scrutineering afterwards and it looked fully fucked, poor bloke.

Were you racing this weekend Monners? If so what class?
Was up on Sunday but not sure if I spotted you?!

Saw a couple of big accidents right in front of me, the R1 at Craner was huge, bike must have been 30 feet in the air. Had a look round it in scrutineering afterwards and it looked fully fucked, poor bloke.

think about 50 bikes went down over the 2 days there!!!,only 1 rideable afterwards

Back