Could be......

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Wull

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
Going to the dark side! Or is that red side?

Went and viewed a Panigale 1299s on Saturday and had to have it, will know for sure tomorrow depending on final part exchange value on my bike etc, so if a deal can be done I?ll be beemer?less.

I actually went in to view a 2016 s1krr, crunches some numbers and said I?d have a think and make a decision that evening, the ironic thing was he said ?you?d be better sticking a deposit down just in case it sells?.....I thought ?yeah yeah?....

I then said I?d been looking at the 1299 and started crunching numbers for that bike, I was already leaning more towards the Panigale tbh as the black beemer wasn?t doing it for me, and would you believe it. Whilst we were chatting about the Panigale a guy and his wife were hanging around the beemer, a salesman came across, then went away to get keys, and it was bought.....I couldn?t believe it. Just like that, I?m taking that as a sign.

If a deal can?t be made I?ve got a motorsport colours gen 3 to look at, I?m currently waiting to get a quote from them for my 2011 sport model in Thunder grey. 9,600 miles on the clock with full service history, some tasteful extras and all standard parts included. It seems ?6,500 is the norm for trade in.

Whilst the stock gen 3 BMW is in my view the perfect everything bike if you are road biased and easily the better value for money; the 1299 is the best if you are track biased and dont mind the extra cost, plus its got a bit more legroom to make it more comfortable on the knees. The brake system is outrageously good as well.

I weighed up all the options like you’ve stated but with the mileage I do on the road and the track time it was a no brainer. Plus, the extra legroom especially for my legs is a big plus, I struggle with leg pain and it’s not too bad on the bmw, it’ll be much better on the Ducati.

Well thats the deal done, picking the Panigale up on Saturday. Wrong time of year but I’ll just sit and look at her for the rest of the winter.

D6-ACB97-F-950-C-4234-9-C5-B-73-FB19610-DA9.jpg

F8-F188-C5-56-C8-473-E-A64-C-62632925248-F.jpg

Fair play, hope you enjoy it. Do get a warranty for it to make your ownership zero stress.

- Alex

Must admit I do like the Pani 1299, it makes a much better road bike than my 1199R. I crashed one at Silverstone on the marketing launch, and a good mate did the same two corners earlier at almost the exact same time! The California Super Bike School were running the day and they were riding really slow and frustratingly and we were both independently trying to make it more 'challenging' and ended up binning it!! Kn*bbers but gives a giggle looking back. We both bought 1199R a few weeks later so it worked out well for Ducati! The guys laughing in the background whilst ordering Indian takeaways are the ones I let by for filming in the video.

Just goes to show you, it comes with a 12 month warranty so we’ll see how it goes. I’m not going to worry about it that’s for sure.

[QUOTE=Wull, Wrong time of year but I?ll just sit and look at her for the rest of the winter.

and when spring and summer is here you can sit and look at it whilst its being repaired. :) nice looking bike though, keep us posted on your thoughts on it.

Last time I was at portimao another bloke in the same garage had one and it shat itself on track, it blew a massive hole in the engine case. Speaking to him it turns out it was the third Ducati he?d had and the other two also blew up??? I thought he would have learnt the second time, but on the plus side it did look lovely sat outside in the sun and I never got bored looking at it.

Last time I was at portimao another bloke in the same garage had one and it shat itself on track, it blew a massive hole in the engine case. Speaking to him it turns out it was the third Ducati he’d had and the other two also blew up??? I thought he would have learnt the second time, but on the plus side it did look lovely sat outside in the sun and I never got bored looking at it.
Was that deffo a 1299 Chris? I havn't heard of many blowing up. I'd imagine we will see more now the first owner PCP deals are all being shifted on I suppose! I'm on my third and they've all been very reliable engine wise. The worst thing thats happened is a blown exhaust a few months back at Brno due to a design fault where the titanium parts move and wear down where they join together until they fail. Quite a common fault with titanium exhausts in general so not Pani specific.

Was that deffo a 1299 Chris? I havn't heard of many blowing up. I'd imagine we will see more now the first owner PCP deals are all being shifted on I suppose! I'm on my third and they've all been very reliable engine wise. The worst thing thats happened is a blown exhaust a few months back at Brno due to a design fault where the titanium parts move and wear down where they join together until they fail. Quite a common fault with titanium exhausts in general so not Pani specific.

Yea this one was a 1299 which was only six months old

Back