Vid from Portimao with Pacedayz this week

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
i dont,like i said not clued up on 2d as much as AIM,but,if you look at the higher/lower thresholds then the front/rear ABS tabs aren't speed channels as they are 0-100 so can only ssume they are a % reading,or a basic 1/0 (on or off) .

i'd go through your channels and change soome of the parameters,yor max speed on the data trace is 310kph,which if you go over 192mph wont give you the correct reading ;)

I couldn't work out the correct spacers for my spare wheels so the front sensor was definitely not working for a few sessions but I went back to the standard wheels because of this and it was still flashing. I only have data from the first day here at the moment but looking at the TCS template on the 2D software it is definitely missing the TCS_Active channel so the traction control isn't working.
View attachment 3934

It looks as if you have the wrong firmware in the logger. Or data is corrupt some how. Try to run autocalc and see if it?ll fix it.

Thats a good point, make sure the lagger is calibrated for the 2015+ version..in the bmw datalogger setup not the 2d software

- Alex

it came off a 2016 bike so should be set up for that,although may need a firmware update if there has been 1 recently

Hopefully I'll get a bit of time to look at this again this week. I didn't get a chance to do much more than a shakedown in Portimao as I was dealing with injury still. I did do updates when I installed the software but I'm not sure if it updated firmware on the logger or not. I definitely tried running autocalc at the track and it didn't seem to fix anything.

Easy way to fix wrong firmware is to:
Go to the .MES mapp an find the .LOG and the .LDD files.
Open them in a text editor and change USBH_BMW_K46Mu2_2D_26.hex to USBH_BMW_K46Mu2_26.hex in both files. It's in section [200] in .DDD file and under "device" in .LOG file.
Open the log in Anna-Liza and hit AutCalc under functions.
Sometimes you have to hit AutoCalc twise and just answer yes/ok or continue to any dialog.

Hi , thanks for the advice. What does that achieve since you are not actually updating the firmware? is this a work around to make the software interpret the log data correctly if your firmware is out of date?

It fixes the log so you can use it in Anna-Liza. But you need to put the correct firmware in your logger to avoid this next time.

Back