Noob, just saying hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ChrisH458

Reaction score
Hi Guys and Gals

Chris here... 22+ years on the road and off road since I was a sprog!
Long history of makes and models, but deffo a stalwart Gixxer boy until now... just sold a K4 750 to make room in the garage for the new toy:

Gen3 S1000RR Sport, Dyn + Perf Packs, White/Lupin Blue, Slick plug fitted. 3rd owner from new, originally a Bristol bike, but after a "short van ride" North, she now resides in Northumberland!

Previous owner had fitted a PRO RACE slash cut GP pipe (may has well have welded on a piece of 4" scaffold tube!) as the only mod, which was a sure way to attract the fuzz for an ASBO... so my mods so far (but a few more to follow) are paddock bobbins and a Racefit Growler - just enough deep boom with pops and crackles on the overrun!

Will need a few dry days to play in RACE, and then suing the tips I've already spied in here I will tweak in USER to my liking.:excitement:

Will get some pics in due course and post in the relevant area too.

Welcome :)

Enjoy your new purchase. Hopefully you'll get some decent weather to enjoy it before the gritters turn up.

All the best,

Tim

Welcome Chris, I think the previous owner may have been on here...sure someone was selling theirs with said scaffolding attached.
Anyway, it's an easy fix, which you've done.

You've some lovely roads near you. Enjoy the beast on them.

Thanks for the welcome Tim & Alex, and yep, fingers crossed for at least one or two dry days this side of crimbo as it would be sacrilege not to take a blast out on some of those roads Alex :wink-new:

Welcome to the forum Chris and congratulations on your new RR!

What were some of your favourite experiences onboard your GSXR?
I have every confidence your RR will both excite and impress in equal measure, they are superbly well rounded machines [emoji41]

Am glad to hear you?re already learning more about the bike through the forum and I look forward to seeing some photos of your new steed in due course!

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Cheers Oli

And as for the GSXR life: A low would be the constant fight against the slightly under par build quality compared with other jap sports machines, especially when younger and utilising in all weathers as my only mode of transport rain, sleet or snow! But this was far outweighed by the smiles per miles.. the harsh driving power delivery, especially the last carb'd SRAD that just needed to be ridden high in the revs to get the best, along side being one of the first owners in the UK of the 750Y and experiencing 8bit EFi and the ability to lift the front in second whilst still being a relative novice (aspiring to be more like the journos in fast bike and superbike et al back then) to back wheel antics! I guess their biggest pluses were the predictability, reliability and usability.

I can see some of these traits already in the SKRR, and the howl on the pipe really does remind me of earlier GSXRs on Yoshi pipes and brings a huge smile to my face :biggrin-new:

Back