Spindle bobbins

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Erm don't you just undo the 10mm nut in the right leg and the 'axle' bar/thru rod comes out?

- Alex

Last edited:
What a poor design.

it gets even worse.

i have up so put the one back on that I had removed and tightened that fully, but then it started turning freely like the other side. So that gold insert bit that it screws on to is obviously turning as well. I’ve tried tighten the pinch bolts more to try and hold the gold bit in but it makes no difference.

Might be a hacksaw job either side

It doesn’t do anything, on the other side it’s onviusly spinning and as I can’t access that other side then it’s useless. The problem is that part that the bobbin screws to is spinning freely.

I stuck the other side back on as I had given up and that is now spinning freely so I’m screwed.

The only thing holding the gold bits either side in place are the 10mm nuts - the pinch bolts wont affect it.
One thing you could try is to put some down force on the protector that has not been off. That may stop the nut on that side spinning and let you get the other side off. You'll need long arms though. Some heat on the side you are un doing might help.

Yep you’re right, because the nuts are slightly loose both gold bits are turning freely. Problem is I can’t get the one off that I had off previously as that gold bit is turning freely. I think whoever had these off last never tightened them enough,

I’ll try applying downward force to see if that does anything, failing that I think hacksaw to expose the nut then get it to f%#k

What a farce that was, free to good home, in fact straight in the bin it shall go.

On the side I had already had off, then screwed back on again but the gold bit started turning with it meaning I couldn?t take it back off. What I did was from underneath I used a drill punch to punch a small hole into it allowing me to hold it in place whilst I unscrewed the bobbin.

On the other side which I never had off, I drilled a hole in the gold bit, started off with a 2mm drill bit and worked my way up to 3mm. I then used jubilee clamp with mole grips attached to the screw part and a 2.5mm Allen key inserted to the hole I drilled to counter hold whilst undoing the bobbin. Terrible design.

Back