Value?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

pauly

Reaction score
I think I'll advertise my 63 plate RR early next year, wonder where to price it? Mine from new, 11k miles, excellent condition, no trackdays, never used in the wet. Full Bmw history, just serviced by them. I was thinking around ?8.5k? I don't need to sell, just fancy a change.

Over 40 views and no opinions? Just to add it's got a BMW Akra can, a tinted Puig screen and new chain/sprockets.

The problem here, and it is often the case, is the value to you is more than what the bike is intrinsically worth to someone else privately or to trade. You had the bike from new, know it inside out, modded it with your preferences.

I would get a px value against what you want to change it for, then work back from that.

The problem here, and it is often the case, is the value to you is more than what the bike is intrinsically worth to someone else privately or to trade. You had the bike from new, know it inside out, modded it with your preferences.

I would get a px value against what you want to change it for, then work back from that.

A dealer that would have traded it straight out offered me ?7600.

Get on eBay and get a feel for what they're going for. At this time of year private buyers want a bargain whereas dealers, especially in December and January are more likely to give you a better trade in value to secure a sale.

Not a problem for me to wait for next spring. If I couldn't get ?8k for it then I'd probably run it for another year. Just fancy a 1198S for the looks and noise.

So two things, stick it on eBay anyway, all you'll lose is the listing fee if it doesn't sell plus you'll get a good idea of market value. Second thing, a mate of mine had an 1198s a few years ago and had to sell it after 6 months as it was so uncomfortable at anything other than high speed, try before you buy as very different to the S1K.

So two things, stick it on eBay anyway, all you'll lose is the listing fee if it doesn't sell plus you'll get a good idea of market value. Second thing, a mate of mine had an 1198s a few years ago and had to sell it after 6 months as it was so uncomfortable at anything other than high speed, try before you buy as very different to the S1K.

Really I should buy something a bit more upright, but I know I'd soon get bored with it after years of race reps. The Ducati might only do 500 miles a year, but I reckon they're only going one way price wise in the next few years.

i was looking on fleabay mate dealers got some around ?8500, so knock 1500-2000 off for their margin, i was bid ?9500 so was my mate for a 16 plate ,, 1 year old with 6k on it, plus new model out so almost new 18 plates a few hundred miles 13k a bet you could chip 500 off that, glws

I'm not giving it to a dealer though, I got the price from one to see what it was worth in the trade. ?7600 from a dealer in November is easily ?8k private next spring when the new one is up to ?20k.

just px my 62 plate with 23k miles for 7250 against a new rr on 0% finance over 2 yrs

just px my 62 plate with 23k miles for 7250 against a new rr on 0% finance over 2 yrs

Not a straight comparison with mine that's a year newer and 12k miles less. Plus did you pay list price or haggle hard on the new one?

Back