Hello

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Alex931

Reaction score
Hey guys

I'm looking to get a new S1000RR in the next few weeks, all being well. I'm based in South Yorkshire, would be good to meet up once I've got my new steed

Re: Newbie based in Yorkshire

Welcome to the forum Alex!

Have created a new thread for your welcome post.
What is your riding history and what sort of riding do you enjoy primarily?
RR?s are amazing road and track day bikes so I?m sure it will excite and impress you in equal measure [emoji4]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Re: Newbie based in Yorkshire

Hi Oli

Thanks for the warm welcome!
My riding history is largely limited to a Ninja250R which I've had about 5 years now. I'm looking to buy a new S1K in the next 2 weeks or so with the idea of running it instead of my car so it'll be used for a bit of commuting, day to say jobs & hopefully a trip or two per year. I debated getting a 959 Panigale but the S1K seems to be way more usable, comfortable, practical and oddly cheaper!

I'm based in South Yorkshire so when I have my noble steed - and there's no salt on the road - it'd be good to meet anyone nearby

hi mate just been to south Yorkshire today to see family . I am in Lincoln great bikes ultimate sports that is usable in real world . what age you looking at getting

Where abouts in SY mate? Ideally a new one, wanna take advantage of the new finance offers that they have although, the renders of the possible new 2019 model look very nice so I'll have to see. What's peoples thoughts on the RR vs RR Sport?

hi mate rotherham . got my rr sport pre reg for a good price a few month back think the few extras you get are worth it

Ah nice, not too far then. Ah sweet, I'm gonna go to Allan Jeffries soon to speak to the guys there, see if a deal can be done. Yeah from what I've seen, the extras do seem worthwhile

Welcome to the forum Alex, whereabouts do you normally ride in SY.

There's not a massive amount of good riding from what I've found, that being said I haven't explored it all. Roads in & around Holmfirth are nice, and I know its West Yorkshire but it's only 20 minutes or so from me. The rest of the time I've spent has been commuting around Sheffield and to Doncaster so all dull motorway/A-road stuff. BUttertubs pass is on the to-ride list at some point up in North Yorkshire

Ah nice, not too far then. Ah sweet, I'm gonna go to Allan Jeffries soon to speak to the guys there, see if a deal can be done. Yeah from what I've seen, the extras do seem worthwhile

When you go to Alan Jeffries (Rotherham) ask for Chris (sales manager) and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to sort you out a good deal. They are a very friendly bunch over there.

When you go to Alan Jeffries (Rotherham) ask for Chris (sales manager) and I'm pretty sure he'll be able to sort you out a good deal. They are a very friendly bunch over there.

Ah sweet thank you! I?ll make sure that I do, it?s the Rotherham branch that I?ll be heading to :)

Back