Ducati 2019

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Was just reading about the new V4R. Sounds like a monster of a bike!!! 234 bhp @15500 rpm, and less than 193kg wet!!!! (with the full Akra system)
I'm guessing it will have quite a hefty price tag, but these numbers sound seriously impressive

Last edited:
Beast of a machine, looks like something out of star wars!. Race exhaust is ~212bhp so not getting on any UK tracks.

With all these 210PS+++ bikes being released inc the new MV Brutale I fear the RR might be overshadowed.

However we must remember these Italian bikes being released are likely much much more to buy. The RR should be less ?/hp.

Exactly. The V4R is looking close to ?40k in race trim. I dont know what the S1000RR will cost but I'd make an educated guess on around ?20k with the race exhaust, lightweight wheels and the other optional boxes ticked so you are looking at half the price. I'm a huge Ducati fan but they are not even playing in the same ball park here.

With all these 210PS+++ bikes being released inc the new MV Brutale I fear the RR might be overshadowed.

However we must remember these Italian bikes being released are likely much much more to buy. The RR should be less ?/hp.

This is exactly why I?m looking to buy a new RR. I was looking at the 959 Corse but was looking at twice the deposit and more per month than a new RR. Yet with the RR get almost same performance of the V4S which I can?t get insured on and is twice per month!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It’ll need to be sub ?40,000 as it’s next years wsbk bike, I’d guess anywhere around the 35k mark.

I think the gen 4 will be the best bang for buck, plus we need to remember that there’s a point in which the extra power becomes pointless with regards to the road. I feel like my gen 1 is daft so I can only imagine what these will be like.

I think the gen 3 for what you get is a superb buy.

This certainly looks better value at ?35k than the Speciale, which for all intents and purposes is just a V4S with an exhaust and paint job.

I like it. I’m not a fan of the winglets, but other than that it looks a beast.

My biggest issue is there marketing.

If you take dry to wet weight off the 1199 panagale
Your 165kg turns into 207ish.

The 234hp will be crank figures. That's brings it down to 209/210

I'll reserve judgement till you see them dynoed and weighed

207kg sounds like a bit much? More like 190kg I reckon?? Ducati advertise the dry weight of a V4S at 175kg and Performance Bikes magazine measured it at 201kg fully loaded.

As another example heres the BMW figures with a bigger fuel tank off of wikipedia:

2011 BMW S1000RR:
Weight183 kg (403 lb) (claimed)[3] (dry)
207.7 kg (458 lb)[2] (wet)

Last edited:
My biggest issue is there marketing.

If you take dry to wet weight off the 1199 panagale
Your 165kg turns into 207ish.

The 234hp will be crank figures. That's brings it down to 209/210

I'll reserve judgement till you see them dynoed and weighed

not sure where you?re getting those numbers from and how you?re calculating it but going on the basis of the s1krr being 207/8 wet and 183kg dry then I always go with a rough difference of 25kg between dry and wet.

The problem with older Dukes were the dry weight being completely dry, no brake fluid and without battery, but of recent years they?ve stated ?dry weight? or ?wet weight? which means they measure just like other manufacturers.

Not sure why you?ve mentioned the 1199 but the Panigale 1299 is quoted as having 165 ish dry, the V4 is 175kg ish dry. So the 1299 will be roughly 190-195kg

Last edited:
Can an admin delete my last post please? I was talking balls thinking the figures from BMW were at the wheel :)

Can an admin delete my last post please? I was talking balls thinking the figures from BMW were at the wheel :)

Makes you wonder though at what point is too much too much, the gen 4 will be roughly 17bhp more than the gen 1/2 and 8bhp more than the gen 3. I haven’t experienced the gen 3 but my gen 1 feels plenty enough, but if the gen 4 comes in at 197kgs wet that’s roughly 10kgs lighter than the gen 1 and 2, the 3 is meant to be 204kg wet. So up 17bhp and down 10kgs, better electronics etc etc, it’ll be a missile and a proper weapon on the road. Probably easier to ride fast than the Ducati and Aprilia.

Makes you wonder though at what point is too much too much, the gen 4 will be roughly 17bhp more than the gen 1/2 and 8bhp more than the gen 3. I haven’t experienced the gen 3 but my gen 1 feels plenty enough, but if the gen 4 comes in at 197kgs wet that’s roughly 10kgs lighter than the gen 1 and 2, the 3 is meant to be 204kg wet. So up 17bhp and down 10kgs, better electronics etc etc, it’ll be a missile and a proper weapon on the road. Probably easier to ride fast than the Ducati and Aprilia.

Honestly - Gen1 has most power...they add driveability and torque spread over the years.

Back