HP4 Blue Paint

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Think my paint is Lupin Blue..I want to buy some to touch up my rims.

Can anyone confirm if the colour is correct and where to buy... RS Bike Paints I've used before and were very knowlegeable..

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Hi Stuart, I can confirm that my Gen 3 in Motorsports is lupin blue. Not sure if the HP4 is though. It's possible I suppose. Dealers should be able to tell you and give the all important code for it. When I removed a damaged panel on mine I found labels on the inside giving colour and codes. I must add, not for the wheels though! I had a can of aerosol blue made up at a local car paint suppliers and the match was perfect. I just spray a little into the canister top and use a tiny brush for touching up.
The paint made is of course a base coat, so it is mat finish. So you may have to touch up with clear coat after! (laquer)
Hope this is some use to you🤔

Thats grand RR cheers...

I remember Jimmy and a couple of lads on here chatting away..Lupin Blue was mentioned. I'll trawl through the posts see whats what.

The rims are coming off any how so may get them painted properly, their not that bad but you know what it's like when you start something.

Stu

Sorry to confuse the issue Stuart but I've been out to my garage and checked the paint code number on my tin of aerosol! M25 is what it says. That is my fairing colour, that's lupin blue, not racing blue metallic. I would think that Oli has the correct colour code to be honest.
Sorry if this doesn't help🤔

Don't apologise..cheers for checking. I'd have picked up on it...I'll bell RS after I pull the wheels and tyres off.

Thanks [emoji106]

Ive got rs bike paints touch up lupin blue stu. I used it on my rims and it was so good I couldnt find the repair afterwards.

PM me your address and I’ll send you mine. I dont need it.

Ive got rs bike paints touch up lupin blue stu. I used it on my rims and it was so good I couldnt find the repair afterwards.

PM me your address and I?ll send you mine. I dont need it.
Wow...how good is that.. cheers Soof..

PM ether bound...

Back