Givi tank lock ring fitment & options for 2018 model

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Ok Guys

I am still waiting to take delivery of my new 2018 S1000RR but getting prepared to swop some bits of my XR & I own 2 Givi tanklock bags the ST602 & 603.

I was in BMW Park Lane yesterday & looked closely at the BMW S1000RR fuel cap & was surprised to see no fittings for a tank lock ring ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,, Now im sure you guys have run into this problem before but it seems to me that there is no way to fit the Givi tank lock ring to an 2018 RR !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Am i missing something , what options for Givi or is it now a case of no Givi tank lock bags for my new RR.

I am genuinely interested to hear how you guys have dealt with the options here & I will call the Givi dealer local to me to see what they say about the 2018 RR tank lock situation .

Cheers

:indecisiveness:

Last edited:
Has anyone fitted the Givi BF22 Tanklock fitting kit for an 2018 RR. Pic above

I got the Givi bag and tanklok fitting, it all went together easily and the idea works really well. But, it all came off straight away once I tried it. Unless have exceptionally long arms, you just cannot reach the clipons!
Try before you buy...

Hi
i use the SW Motech version, same idea. Replaces the aluminium part of the filler cap with one supplied, I found the tank bag was excellent quality, a bit more expensive than the Givi though

Back