Help needed on a ignition fault

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nevsrevs

Reaction score
Hi guys
whilst out on track a friend of mines bike dropped ignition on cylinder number 4,
checked all the obvious things, swapped coil packs, plugs, cleaned and checked loom plugs and loom itself for damage.
swapped cam sensor with mine, disconnected quick shifter, still no spark on 4???
without it getting fault read any ideas. Cheers guys
p.s. No lights on dash?

Ignition Fault

It sounds like you have checked all the obvious potential causes. It may be worth taking it to BMW and getting them to check the ECU fault codes as that may indicate what the problem actually is.

Have you checked the spark plug to see if its wet?

Could possibly be a injector fault.

Fuel dripping out the header and no spark, so headed down the spark route

No did not manage to get a comp tester while we where at the track, moved spark plug and coil over to number 3 and all was working as it should, just no spark while plugged in to number 4 loom???

Seems like it going to be something like that, managed to borrow a really basic multimeter when in the pits to check continuity but could not find anything solid, with it being canbus and 3 wire coil, power, signal, and BMW’s ion signal thing I was going round in circles and gave up. Was gutted being so close but can’t pin point it.

Did you ever figured out wat was the problem please? Looks like I?ve got similar symptoms with mine gen2 not sure where to look next

It was a fault with the quick shifter ignition cut, new quick shifter and loom sorted

Back