Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Buffeting at 100mph?

Re: Buffeting at 100mph?

Quote Originally Posted by Corkgsxr View Post
    ...I was 177 last day and didn't notice buffeting...
    Heh heh. Bet you didn’t.

Guaranteed it’s the stuff you got stuck to your lid. All lids get carefully tested for aerodynamics these days. A camera AND intercom will properly mess that up.
    I suspect you’ve only just noticed it because you now have a properly FAST motorbike. Lol.

I look forward to helmet manufacturers integrating a fore and rear facing camera which transmits to your dash (instead of a rear view mirror) and to your phone to record journeys and track days (and accidents) from a relevant POV.

1 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER RacersEdge's Avatar
    Riding
    '16 S1000RR Msport

Quote Originally Posted by Huge View Post
    I look forward to helmet manufacturers integrating a fore and rear facing camera which transmits to your dash (instead of a rear view mirror) and to your phone to record journeys and track days (and accidents) from a relevant POV.

Half way there Huge...

https://10techy.com/rear-view-motorcycle-helmet/

5. The Following User Says Thank You to RacersEdge For This Useful Post:

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Please people: don't mount GoPros or other cameras on your lid. If you come off the camera mount can punch through the helmet into your head.

That was what happened with Michael Shumacher when he had his accident skiing.

7. The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Flyingscotsman For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingscotsman View Post
    Please people: don't mount GoPros or other cameras on your lid. If you come off the camera mount can punch through the helmet into your head.

Blimey. Thanks Rob. I never knew that. H

Riding
    KTM Superduke GT

Quote Originally Posted by Chris b View Post
    I had a gt air and as comfy as they are I did suffer with A bit of wobbling at about 120 plus, bearing in mind the get air is more of a touring helmet Rather than race
    +1, I never liked wearing my GT Air while riding my RR as I had trouble with vision due to the way it sat on my head.

Riding
    S1KRR 2017 Black

Quote Originally Posted by Flyingscotsman View Post

It was but his helmet was nowhere near as strong as a motorcycle lid. If you have it on with a 3m mount it will come off with impact and you’d have to be fairly unlucky to land flush on it to even start to cause an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    It's not about how fast you go, it's about how you go fast!!
    2017 S1000RR Sport - Positive vibes bar ends, HP Rearsets, HP levers, LighTech chain adjusters, Evotech tail tidy, R&G crash bungs and cotton reels, Puig dark smoke double bubble screen, Stahlbus oil drain valve
    K8 GSXR750 - Yoshimura R55, de-cat headers, BST wheels, Ohlins TTx, Gilles rearsets, Pazzo shorties, Smoked double bubble, Stompgrips, R&G Bungs and engine sliders, R&G Tail tidy, K&N Airfilter, Brembo discs and pads, Hel braided lines, HIDS4U HID kit, Carbon look tank pad, clock surround and yoke protector, Stahlbus oil drain valve, Relentless decals, R1 throttle mod, suspension set up by MCT suspension, Bazzaz Zfi-tc TC and mode switch, Bazzaz autotune. 98k and counting
    IAM test passed
    IAM Masters test pass

2 YEAR PREMIER MEMBER Flyingscotsman's Avatar
    Riding
    S1k 2013 Black

Quote Originally Posted by GixxerChuck View Post
    It was but his helmet was nowhere near as strong as a motorcycle lid. If you have it on with a 3m mount it will come off with impact and you’d have to be fairly unlucky to land flush on it to even start to cause an issue.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    I know it was a different type of helmet but all lids are designed to take impact from flat surface like the road not all of the impact force concentrated on one point.

I hate to see bikers (and cyclists) with cameras mounted on helmets.

[QUOTE=Huge;124354]Heh heh. Bet you didn