Lap timer for 2017 S1000RR OEM DASH

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HP44

Reaction score
Hi all, just bought a 2017 S1000RR for track only use. I?d like to use the OEM lap timer function but want to have a GPS system where I don?t need to hit the flash button when going over the line as I will either forget or not be accurate. Also want a fork sensor so I can alter the compression and rebound in the forks. Any info would be greatly appreciated and apologies if this has been asked before, I have searched but can?t find the answers I?m looking for. Cheers 👍

You need the 2D GPS trigger and the 2D sensor for the front forks.
I have both and I?m really pleased with them.
I bought mine from Midland motorcycles in the US as they had the best price even with import duty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Sorry for an advert, but I have a GPS plug in for sale that has 200 tracks pre programmed into it, plugs into the bikes loom and automatically brings up data on the timer without needing to press the flasher. Its the PZ Racing BZ500 Laptimer, asking ?100 posted for it, wires have been extended so that it'll mount on the back of the bike so the rider doesn't interfere with the GPS reception.

You can go the 2D route if you don't mind spending ?100's more, but as the likes of Baz and others know this works just as well

the 2d gps is far more consistant then the PZ,had nothing but issues with it when i used one to test,just kept losing the GPS signal and missed laps off,whereas the 2d hasn't missed a beat,albeit at a higher price tag though(much higher in fact...)

Thanks for the info lads. Im going to go down the 2D route, expensive yes but 100% proven. Thanks for the offer Chocolatier but as said im going for 2D stuff.

If you?re interested I would consider selling the front suspension sensor as I don?t think it?s needed on the 2019, I?ll keep the 2D lap trigger and hope it will fit the new one.

If you’re interested I would consider selling the front suspension sensor as I don’t think it’s needed on the 2019, I’ll keep the 2D lap trigger and hope it will fit the new one.

I would be interested in the 2D suspension sensor - can you pm me a price please?

Hi David,

I found that I will still need the sensor on the 2019 to separate the compression/rebound damping.

So for that reason, I will not be selling it.

Mark.

Back