Not a bike but still powered by S1000rr power

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

tom_poole

Reaction score
Good afternoon all.

Just wanted to say hello as I've just joined the forum however must admit that I'm not a bike owner but infact have a hillclimb car in build which will be powered by a 2014 S1000rr engine. I'm sure that I'll be asking quite a few questions on here when it gets to the stage of getting the engine up and running and will appreciate any help and advice given.

Tom

Hi Tom,

I think we had another hillclimber on here before, have a search might be worth dropping them a line.

Thanks Alex, I'll have a search. I'm only aware of a couple of S1000rr powered hillclimb vehicles and surprised there aunt more of them.

Hi Tom,

I think we had another hillclimber on here before, have a search might be worth dropping them a line.

Hi tom, welcome to the forum. I think we had a sidecar racer and also a kit car racer with a s1000rr engine, I dont recall another hillclimb but could be mistaken, more the merrier. Where do you do your hillclimbs?

Welcome to the forum Tom!

As Soof says, what Hillclimb events do you participate in and for how long have you been competing?

Best of luck with your automotive project, you certainly have a beast of an engine to propel you [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing some photos of your machine in due course!

- Oli

Agreed it's really odd there are not more S1000RR powered cars. It's about the most powerful bike engine in stock form and very reliable, I guess parts are quite expensive so maybe thats why there are not so many?

Welcome to the forum by the way, I do a bit of car stuff on track so looking forward to seeing some phots.

Last edited:
Hi tom, welcome to the forum. I think we had a sidecar racer and also a kit car racer with a s1000rr engine, I dont recall another hillclimb but could be mistaken, more the merrier. Where do you do your hillclimbs?

Certainly interesting to hear of those running a sidecar due to the similar engine step and potential oiling concerns that we ave with the car i.e flat billet sump running a swinging pickup or Accusump or full dry sump kit (which I've not yet come across for the S1000rr).

We hillclimb all over the country, mainly: Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, Loton Park, Gurston Down and Harewood within the Midland and British Championship although certain rounds of the championship are over in the Channel Islands, Ireland and Doune up in Scotland(all of which are on the wish list)...

I'm not too sure on quite how to upload an image but will pop some photos of the car up once I work out how to do it.

Welcome to the forum Tom!

As Soof says, what Hillclimb events do you participate in and for how long have you been competing?

Best of luck with your automotive project, you certainly have a beast of an engine to propel you [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum and I look forward to seeing some photos of your machine in due course!

- Oli

I'm not too sure on quite how to upload an image but will pop some photos of the car up once I work out how to do it.

Standard Members can upload photos by posting a URL to a file hosting site such as Google Images etc.

Premier Members can upload photos natively to the site, whilst also receiving numerous other benefits (see attached link).

Look forward to seeing those photos!

https://s1000rrforum.co.uk/showthread.php?6735-Premier-Membership-What-is-it

- Oli

Last edited:
Certainly interesting to hear of those running a sidecar due to the similar engine step and potential oiling concerns that we ave with the car i.e flat billet sump running a swinging pickup or Accusump or full dry sump kit (which I've not yet come across for the S1000rr).

We hillclimb all over the country, mainly: Shelsley Walsh, Prescott, Loton Park, Gurston Down and Harewood within the Midland and British Championship although certain rounds of the championship are over in the Channel Islands, Ireland and Doune up in Scotland(all of which are on the wish list)...

Roger Lovelock (Driverwolf racing) was the sidecar operation, which ran in the Hyundai championship / BSB support for the last few years. He might have to move machinery for next year, as I believe that's moving to a 600cc only format.

Great, thanks or the heads up. I'll pop him a message - really keen to hear of how he dealt with oiling.

Roger Lovelock (Driverwolf racing) was the sidecar operation, which ran in the Hyundai championship / BSB support for the last few years. He might have to move machinery for next year, as I believe that's moving to a 600cc only format.

Back