Winter Maintenance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
Just about to embark on my winter maintenance programme..bikes getting a strip down on my new ramp !...canny wait..no more lying on my side or kneeling down..

anyhow I'm swapping my body work for my mint spares... guess I'll buy a new fitting kit, they are 22 quid up, they actually look decent..anyone got any recommendations...NB I don't really want to blow 80 or 90 quid on Ti, these cheaper ones any good ?.

Cheers the nooooo

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Which fitting kit? Probolt Ali ones should be avoided as the heads can't survive...

- Alex

Have you priced the BMW ones? One of the details I love about the BMW is the fact that they have there own branded bolts, tiny detail, but i like it

The hp4 fasteners were just standard bolts with no bmw stamp on them, the branded fasteners were introduced with the 3rd gen and are much nicer imo. So get those stu.

Which fitting kit? Probolt Ali ones should be avoided as the heads can't survive...

- Alex
The body panel speedclips and bolts etc...im going to change most of my panels over to my new ones and get the older ones in to bikepaints..

Cheers soof... so dealer only then ....?

Yes. They are varying lengths, I used to have a list somewhere. I think from memory there were 6, 8. 10 and 12 mm lengths. Can?t recall numbers of each but seem to remember 8mm was the most used and can replace 6mm so just the longer ones to count up. I don?t think there were many. BMW might do a fairing bolt kit for the hp4 you might find it on the web somewhere as a sizing guide. Alternatively pro bolt do sets which give the numbers of each bolt size I think.

Ok m8... I'll look it up... was hoping to just press a button and get a box of correct size delivered ...

Ill let you know..

Cheerz

Back