2017 S1000R S - Power Commander is on!

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Platty

Reaction score
So finally, the Power Commander unit is out for the 2017 model year. I?ve had a full Akra system, K&N fitted and now remapped. I?ve also lightened the bike with approx 26kg. What can I say!! It was giving 167bhp at the rear wheel, smoother all round, loads more grunt and amazing controllable power wheelies. I was running it with a self learning Rapid Bike module which was ?ok? but it ran too lean and was a lumpy bugger at low revs, the bike feels like a complelely new bike.

Last edited:
That seems quite a low power figure for a 2017 with all those mods?

Thanks...made me wonder if Dynojet had finally made the PCV compatible with the RR 2017+ (Euro4 as well).

2015 instructions (https://dynojet.co.uk/media/attachment/file/1/2/12-021.pdf) include;
13. Unplug the stock O2 sensor on the left side of the engine (Fig. H). The stock O2 sensor will no longer be connected to anything. It can be removed from the exhaust if desired assuming you have a way to plug the hole.

The 2017+ instructions (https://dynojet.co.uk/media/attachment/file/1/2/12-024_1.pdf) do not.

So it appears that the PCV is back to being a viable RapidBike alternative on Euro4 bikes. This must have been what CorkGsxr got but couldn't evidence at the time.

Using any of these piggyback systems without setting them up on a dyno is far from ideal. My map is nothing like what the RapidBike *thinks* it wants because it's just trimming to a given static value. A dyno tuner will give the engine what it needs for a given requirement.

Last edited:
At the wheel it’s pretty good. Manufacturers always use bhp data taken from the crank which is anywhere between 10-15% loss at the wheel so if we said 12.5% that would be around 183bhp at the crank compared to the out of the box 165bhp

Correct Alex - it’s a lowly single R but enough for UK roads and twisties

Ah sorry didn't spot that it's an R. Lots of lovely torque for big smiles. :)

No mine wasn't the 17 version. Dyno man has been using same as mine for the last year for north west and tt bikes.

On same type Dyno 17s have been dynoing at the low 180s. Pc5 195 with a restricted throttle. By pure chance this was confirmed by a superbike racer it's a simple box tick on rck BMW software you get that 10% back.

What I think is mad is rapidbike got me 190/191hp and pcv5 195. But the difference in the way it drives is amazing. It's smooth and easy. As I sed over a set distance with rapidbike bike would do 160mph. And I'll be honest it felt ropey. With pcv5 169 mph and felt safer.

Apologies I'm not on the forum that much sv racing took my attention for abit

No mine wasn't the 17 version. Dyno man has been using same as mine for the last year for north west and tt bikes.

On same type Dyno 17s have been dynoing at the low 180s. Pc5 195 with a restricted throttle. By pure chance this was confirmed by a superbike racer it's a simple box tick on rck BMW software you get that 10% back.

What I think is mad is rapidbike got me 190/191hp and pcv5 195. But the difference in the way it drives is amazing. It's smooth and easy. As I sed over a set distance with rapidbike bike would do 160mph. And I'll be honest it felt ropey. With pcv5 169 mph and felt safer.

Apologies I'm not on the forum that much sv racing took my attention for abit
Restricted throttle?

- Alex

Back