Can the S1000rr be setup for light riders 65kg 10 stone ish

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Springs

Has anyone here a contact name at BMW i am happy to draft a letter not to get money back but ask why they spend millions on developing a bike that can only be ridden to its full potential by someone who is around 85kg.

To be honest I think your probably wasting your time however frustrating it may be. Ultimately the bike is a mass produced item so BMW have to use some form of reference point for the suspension based on average rider weight. Like you I fall under this average. The reality is that many of these ?average? weight riders who buy a new S1000RR will simply ride the bike off the showroom floor and never even adjust the suspension let alone change the springs. I would certainly welcome the option to purchase suitable spring rates when ordering a new bike but unless they are fitted by the factory there are very few dealerships I would trust to do suspension work.

Once i change the bike springs then i could be impacting on my warranty which is my key issue.

Changing springs will not affect your warranty.

Back