Winglets. Do they fit Gen 3 bikes?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

cre0108

Reaction score
I saw a 2014 hp4 with winglets and i wanted to know can i fut them to my s1000rr 2018? They looked really nice and fitted to the same fairing holes i have my gen 3 bike .

Thanks Chris

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

The Gen3 aerodynamics were reworked and do not require them, so BMW dropped them.

Never seen a Gen3 with them added. Need to get the distance between the two holes measured. Then you'd have to work how to pretect the paint on the main panel.

- Alex

Doesn't bare thinking about drilling into unmolested bodywork if need be for little effect.

Don't think Double Sided tape will hold them either due to the small contact area of the winglets...

If it was me I would look at alternative improvements Chris if they don't line up.

Just my two bobs worth.

Cheer

S

Last edited:
I looked at the hp4 and the holes looked in the same place. I have no plans to drill holes if they dont fit . The fairing bolts that hold them look the same place.

Chris

Has anyone an Hp4 to measure if they are the same?

Chris
8e593633c30c9d8651bc213bb4edb2f9.jpg

The gen1/2 winglets are fastened with long bolts which go into a sleeve. The sleeve they screw in to sits flush with the winglet holes from the inside out. I doubt very much the hole size on the gen3 fairings is big enough for the sleeve fitting. Using a standard fairing bolt to secure the winglets will not work because the hole diameter is significantly bigger than the bolt as described above.

Back