Newbie based in Yorkshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Groot

Reaction score
Evening,

I decided to take the plunge and bought a 2010 s1000rr two weeks ago. I?m used to Ducati?s and I?m amazed how quiet and composed the bmw is. I absolutely love it!

I plan to use it for commuting over the winter and to try a few track days next spring.

I'm based in Yorkshire so if anyone recommends any good meets or ride outs I?m happy to tag along.

All the best

Evening groot and congratulations on your new bike. Whereabouts are you based?

Evening, I?m based in East Yorkshire but prefer not to be more specific than that for security reasons.

I ride in most weathers when commuting but started on track days this year. Always look to ride a bike than take a car as much prefer to being in the open air.

Cheers
Groot

Welcome to the forum Groot and congratulations on your new RR!

RR?s are fantastically well rounded machines so I have every confidence it?ll excite and impress you whether whether you?re commuting, touring or on track [emoji41]

What Ducati?s and other bikes have you owned in the past?

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information.
I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Afternoon, I?ve a monster, 1098 and now the RR. As you can imagine all three ride completely different.

Evening, I’m looking for a waterproof pillion luaggage bag to take over 30 litres of clothes on my 2010 s1000rr. One that won’t damage the paintwork and is quite quick to fit but secure. I’ve heard that the original bmw pillion bag has been discontinued but I was wondering if anyone could recommend something?
Thanks
Groot

Evening, I?m looking for a waterproof pillion luaggage bag to take over 30 litres of clothes on my 2010 s1000rr. One that won?t damage the paintwork and is quite quick to fit but secure. I?ve heard that the original bmw pillion bag has been discontinued but I was wondering if anyone could recommend something?
Thanks
Groot

A Hepco & Becker sport rack in conjunction with Kriega US dry bags are a superb combination IMO

- Oli

Back