Finding neutral - my 2 top tips

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
Option 1 - Try to select neutral from 2nd before you come to a stop by pulling in the clutch and gentle pressing down. I manage to get it 9 out of 10 with this method.
Option 2 - Flick the pedal down when in first. Yes, really. When stationary in first (clutch in obviously) apply a little downward pressure on the pedal and then slide your foot to the left and off the pedal, the pedal will ping up out of 1st but not strongly enough to reach 2nd leaving you feeling smug and in neutral.

You're welcome :smile-new:

I forgot to bring this back up...

I tested the push down, slide release at Portimao. Worked a treat, everytime.

Nice one!!

- Alex

Is everyone having this problem... I took my bike for a service (not at BMW dealer) and he told me I neaded a new clutch! This has made me feel a lot better:fat:

Great info. I usually do the coast to lights thing to find neutral but I’ll be trying option 2 now.
I also found that all the gears were a nightmare when I bought new boots a few years ago.
Worth trying different boots if anyone else finds the gears difficult to engage.

Back