BMW NAV V functionality ,,,, Question when BMW cradle is dealer fitted

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Hi all

Here is a question for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am having the BMW sat nav cradle dealer installed & have an Nav V ,, I have been wondering if once installed will the Nav V display the fuel left as miles totasl left in the tank & distance as it does today on my XR (i know there is no fuel gauge on the S100RR) but the Nav V does have the functionality to display the fuel info on the sat nav unit in addition when in the BMW cradle on the XR.

Would be nice to know if this feature works on the S1000rr when the Nav V is is the BMW cradle ,,,,,

[h=2][/h]

Not as far as I know, the RR doesn't have data transfer to the sat nav like the K, RT & GS do, but there again I could be wrong

It would depend on how it is wired up. The XR/GS etc are wired to read directly from the ecu. If the cradle is simply powered then it wont display the info. I dont think it will on the rr, the only way I can think of is if it was wired to the port underneath the pillion seat to read the ecu data but that is just a guess.

Agree with Soof. Be interested to see how this pans out as was really impressed with the Navigator on the courtesy bike i had recently

Hi all

Here is a question for you ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

I am having the BMW sat nav cradle dealer installed & have an Nav V ,, I have been wondering if once installed will the Nav V display the fuel left as miles totasl left in the tank & distance

Would be nice to know if this feature works on the S1000rr when the Nav V is is the BMW cradle ,,,,,

[h=2][/h]

Did you fit and what was the answer?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

FYI my new bike doesn't arrive until the end of November so will not be not fitted until then,

However the dealer has already confirmed no telemetry is provided even when using the BMW 4 button cradle.

Hope this helps.

Yes the dealer will fit an RAM mount that goes into the triple tree centre.

then they mount the 4 button cradle which also has the RAM ball & then connect the two together using an medium or short RAM mount arm.

The power is taken from the BMW connectors behind a fairing panel & then the cabling is all neatly zip tied & everything is then refitted back as normal.

Hornig do do a very nice mount which can also be used.

https://www.motorcycleparts-hornig....ion-and-Communication/GPS-Mounting-Plate.html

I have the BikePenR mount. It works well on the lower mounting holes.
99d4b09f18dceab1be061484dcff8d52.jpg
63495d564beab72ee1b251411a6fa664.jpg

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Hey all

I just purchased the BikePenR sat nav mount direct from the manufacturer BikePenR in Holland , if you call them direct they will sell to you as currently they have no UK distributor, very nice guy & very helpful , also great piece of kit , Will post pictures as soon as i get my new S1000RR this month ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,

Just ordered direct from them also ?120 inc just ?5 delivery to the UK, Looking forward to fitting it.

Last edited:
I?ve just fitted my old Nav V to my S1000RR using the BMW cradle mount it was really easy to wire in just take off the right hand side fairing and it has a plug. To my limited knowledge the sat nav cannot be used for bike specific data. I purchased all the necessary fitting equipment from Nippy Norman?s total cost ?60 delivered the next day. I used a inch Ram double socket combined with a Ram specific ball kit and a Ram ball mount for Garmin and Tom Tom, really easy and so far seems very sturdy and light.

Last edited:
I fitted the 4 button mount but cut the cable and put in a 3 way tyco waterproof connector so it's easy to remove.

I fitted the 4 button mount but cut the cable and put in a 3 way tyco waterproof connector so it's easy to remove.

How easy was it to fit the Tyco plug? I need to try this. Got a part number? Why three way - I thought there were only two wires? Sorry - lots of questions :)

The new one has the wheel but guessing it just does the tft display

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tyco waterproof plug is easy if you have the tool on the left for squeasing the pins to the rubber seals to the wire. The 4 button cradle I have has two cables but you only use one with 3 wires ( big white one )
pits shown on the utube video which is on the forum somewhere. I hope the photo attached.

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    918.8 KB · Views: 41
Ok guys , finally picked up my new S1000RR yesterday with the mount installed , I also asked the dealer to fit a quick connector so i could remove the mount and cradle easily.

it works perfectly as the others have shown in this thread , including some shots for viewing , IMG_3017.jpgIMG_3018.jpgIMG_3019.jpgIMG_3020.jpg

Back