I am well happy & dont ask why I just did it

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Vengeance

Reaction score
Hi guys & gals

this is my welcome story <<<<<<<<<<<<<<<< I went out today on my BMW S1000XR this morning & now after a trip to my local Mottorad dealer & a short test ride on an impulsive decision to take out an S1000RR I will soon be taking delivery of an S1000RR & ordered a brand new 2018 S1000RR model which is going to be delivered in November.

I have been riding motorcycles from the age of 15 & (i am now in my late 40s) started with an MTX50/TY50 ,,,, then onto RD125LC moving onto lotsd of bigger bikes as i got bitten by the bug badly & owned an FZ600 ,NS400r , Fireblade , R1 , then Ducati 996.

After taking an 10 year break from biking (bringing up the got married & started a family,,,, I came back to biking recently & things had really moved on so was a bit lost when i started again.

my journey led me to buying an BMW GS1200TE (boring) & then changing it for an K1600GT (dont ask why i did this lol heavy beast to live with & yes i had plans to cross continental europe) & then changing again to an BMW S1000XR (thought this would satisfy me as so called best of both worlds) all within the space of 14 months I was not enjoying my BWM 1000XR as i just dont like being up right & cant trust leaning it over as i did a track day at snetterton & really felt afterwards right thats it ,,,,,,sit up & beg bikes are just not for me.

I knew i needed to get back on an sports bike & I now know i have finally found an awesome weapon.

I am not fussed that there is an new 2019 S1000rr coming out & really like the deal i got today which has made me smile from ear to ear & cant wait now lads to ride the arse of this weapon.

Thats it for now & im off now to buy some accessories & feed my habit/obsession some more.

Cheers

:congratulatory:

Welcome. Great intro. If there's anything you want to know about your future steed let us know!

actually i do want to know something,

I am having the BMW sat nave cradle dealer installed & have an NAv V ,, I have been wondering if once installed will the Nav V display the fuel in mile in the tank & distance as it does today on my XR (i know there is no fual gauge on the S100RR) but the Nav V does display the fuel info on the sat nav unit in addition when in the BMW cradle on the XR.

Would be nice if this feature works ,,,,,

Welcome. Will be interested to hear your experience of the SatNav cradle. I have an old Navigator IV, which isn't that much heavier than newer versions. I never use it on the RR, but I had a cradle put on my R when I bought it in Jan. It's useless...well, bloody annoying. The weight of the satnav, combined with the ability to tilt its position means that every time I want to read a direction I have to reach down and adjust it so I can see the display, knowing that by the time I need it again, it'll have fallen forward. I got BMW to look at it at the running in service and they said it was as tight as it'll go....

Last edited:
Welcome to the forum and congratulations on your new RR!

Thank you for the fantastic welcome post, I have every confidence your new steed will excite and impress you in equal measure for many many miles [emoji41]

Enjoy the forum, there is a wonderful community on here and loads of information,

- Oli

actually i do want to know something,

I am having the BMW sat nave cradle dealer installed & have an NAv V ,, I have been wondering if once installed will the Nav V display the fuel in mile in the tank & distance as it does today on my XR (i know there is no fual gauge on the S100RR) but the Nav V does display the fuel info on the sat nav unit in addition when in the BMW cradle on the XR.

Would be nice if this feature works ,,,,,

There's a fuel range on the RR...not sure what more of a gauge you would need?

Ah ok i didnt know that it had an fuel range option , when i pick it up ill ask them how to access it ,,

Does it show the full tank range if the tank is filled up , i was told it only showed range once the fuel warning light came on ...

Im new & remebr ive only had about 15 mins on the bike today so please be gentle ,,,,,,,,,,,,,, cheers lads :friendly_wink:

Cycle the Trip button and you get Miles, Current Range, Trip 1, Trip 2. It does over ride the trip or miles with range when critical.

Hi, similar story to mine, although I'm slightly older (57) [emoji24] I've been lucky enough to ride some fabulous bikes, including organal GSXR1000's, Z1R, GPZ900, Moto Guzzi Le Mans even the iconic K5............. however (and it's a big however) NOTHING compares to my S1Thou, simply put, it's A M A Z I N G [emoji16]
Ian

Sent from my ONEPLUS A5000 using Tapatalk

Hi Ian

Yeah that is exactly what i thought , i just instantly knew it was the right bike for me in every way. I am not a patient man so waiting is annoying me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you buy the GPZ 900 after watching TOP GUN ,,,,,lol:untroubled:

Hi Mate,

I got my new RR sport in July after a long break from the toys. Last one was an 1198 Ducati. After 1550 miles the fun really starts when the 1st service is done . Might be selling it now due to an unexpected operation that’s due, might leave it sat in the garage as it’s too bloody cold for me nowadays riding in winter.

But, whatever I do they are absolutely brilliant pieces of kit &#55357;&#56397;&#55357;&#56397;&#55357;&#56397;&#55357;&#56397;

Mmm, should I admit to that, nooo. Actually I didn't, I read the 160mph performance bikes review and that was that [emoji51]

Hi Ian

Yeah that is exactly what i thought , i just instantly knew it was the right bike for me in every way. I am not a patient man so waiting is annoying me ,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,did you buy the GPZ 900 after watching TOP GUN ,,,,,lol:untroubled:

I had a GPz900R, it was THE bike for a couple of years until those pesky Gixxers came out, less Top Gun for me, more about what I could afford as a 21 year old

............absolutely correct. Back in the day motorbikes were a more affordable mode of very enjoyable transport. Track bikes were ridden by people like Barry Sheene [emoji23]

Re: I am well happy &amp; dont ask why I just did it

And according to a vintage Ogri sketch from one of my circa 1979/80 Bike mags...

"Petrol wuz two bob a gallon"

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
e837be79342d7c7a982ae41851837559.jpg

Last edited:
Back