Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Donington Decent Times?

Donington Decent Times?

Did my final trackday of the year today at donny, was an awesome day!
    Now I'm not chasing times as such as a trackday isn't about that for me but I really wanted to see how I've improved after doing 7 days this year.

My first ever day was April I think and a mate 'timed' me at about 2.16.00, today my fastest lap was 1.53.60 using the lap timer function so nothing like technical on either fronts! I'm really happy as I've got so much more confidence in myself and the bike.
    Me and my mate actually got moved into the Advanced Group after the sighting laps to even things out numbers wise which terrified me a bit to begin with as it was my first day in the Inters; but seemed to get on fairly well and I wasn't the slowest in the group so always a bonus!

Overall it's been a great year for riding, roll on next year for a lot more track days and some proper tuition.

2. The Following 4 Users Say Thank You to JoePeps For This Useful Post:

Riding
    HP4 carbon 2013

Re: Donington Decent Times?

Good write up....

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

4. The Following User Says Thank You to stuartb For This Useful Post:

Thats a decent time around Donnington, I did that on a Ron Haslam course when I started riding as I'd had a fair bit of car experience and went into fast groups on trackdays afterwards. You'll be around the bottom of most fast groups but its definitely fast enough to get some tows and you'll improve much quicker having decent riders around you instead of the carnage in inters group.
    Last edited by Royal; 10th October 2018 at 11:34 PM.

6. The Following User Says Thank You to Royal For This Useful Post:

Donington Park

A 1:53 isn't a bad lap time at all. Sub-1:50 times are normally what we see in the Fast Group at Donington Park and is typically used as a benchmark when we review the Chrono data to move individuals around groups when instructing at FE. Lap times below 1:45 are considered extremely quick and below 1:40 is approaching race pace.

8. The Following User Says Thank You to RyS1000RR For This Useful Post:

Riding
    2017 S1000RR Grey

Anything under 2mins is a good time, you're doing very well a great job at 1:53 with little practice.

10. The Following User Says Thank You to alex For This Useful Post:

whooo, im extremely quick....lol.

53's are a good time and like said above it gets you in the fast group where your pick up tows and knowledge from faster riders.

12. The Following User Says Thank You to r25sti For This Useful Post:

Quote Originally Posted by RyS1000RR View Post
    A 1:53 isn't a bad lap time at all. Sub-1:50 times are normally what we see in the Fast Group at Donington Park and is typically used as a benchmark when we review the Chrono data to move individuals around groups when instructing at FE. Lap times below 1:45 are considered extremely quick and below 1:40 is approaching race pace.
    I completely forgot to PM you mate, were you there yesterday?
    That's good to know time wise, I felt much more at ease with more space and allowed me to try coming into a few corners slightly differently hoping to improve.

Quote Originally Posted by alex View Post
    Anything under 2mins is a good time, you're doing very well a great job at 1:53 with little practice.
    Thanks mate.
    Still a long way to go but overall I'm massively impressed with the improvements this year.

Quote Originally Posted by r25sti View Post
    whooo, im extremely quick....lol.

53's are a good time and like said above it gets you in the fast group where your pick up tows and knowledge from faster riders.
    Yeah I tried to keep up with a few people and managed a few decent laps following their lines, I was just a little worried about getting carried away as I've only got M7RR's and a lot of the lads had slicks so didn't want to get above my station with them! Wanted to push myself but still stay on the safe side of the line, had one big moment coming out of the esses and losing the back end and ending up on the tank so that calmed me down a bit!

Looks like it may not be the last day of the year though as it looks like we'll be doing Cadwell next Saturday, thank god for overdrafts!

14. The Following User Says Thank You to JoePeps For This Useful Post:

m7rrs are a good all rounder but defo not a push the limits track tyre. there be a good intermediate/cold day tyre though.

What is the limit with M7RRs? I did 'extremely quick' times with them...

Quote Originally Posted by RickS1K View Post
    What is the limit with M7RRs? I did 'extremely quick' times with them...

i would say extremely quick but not short circuit race pace.