Abs removal

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukbmw

Reaction score
Sorry to start a new thread but i wanted to descuss each issue individually so it doesnt go off topic too much.
Whats the deal with removing the abs?
The way the lever moves quite far before biting isnt to my liking.
Im used to instant bite and the modern abs bikes all have this travel in the lever.
Granted its not as bad as the sizukis. Thats horrid.
But im just thinking of what the options are.
If i did bypass it im guessing id need it coded out?
Is it reversable too should i come to sell it in the future

Some info here. I'd imagine you could find somewhere for a fraction of the price for the cover and rubber.
https://www.alphasbk.com/products/alpha-racing-abs-delete-module-cover-bmw-s1000rr-2015

alpha Racing ABS Delete Module Cover BMW S1000RR (2015-)

$ 79.99

Quantity

alpha Racing ABS Delete Module Cover BMW S1000RR (2015-)
Part Number: 3451A001B00-01

alpha Racing ABS Delete Module Cover BMW S1000RR (2015-), to be used when removing ABS hydraulic control unit, rubber padded, aluminum anodised, with alpha Racing Logo. This aluminum cover allows for removing the ABS hydraulic unit closing the pressure modulator which remains on the bike. It is mandatory to eliminate the ABS functionality from the electronics to make sure the traction control remains enabled and there is no error code displayed on the dashboard. Weight: 0.02 kg. Special Note: Please make sure to use the foam rubber with adhesive layer to fix the coils inside housing the pressure modulator. If not, there could be some damage to these coils resulting in a failure code. Furthermore it will not be possible to reinstall the ABS system.
Benefit from the unrivaled racing knowledge of alpha Racing in Germany and their professional experience in World Superbike, World Superstock, German IDM Superbike Championship, FIM Superstock Cup 1000, MotoGP (Moto2) and 24 Hour Endurance Racing by using genuine alpha Racing Performance Parts, Electronics and ECU Flash Tuning.

Last edited:
And here some info on the electronics:

https://www.alphasbk.com/products/a...abs-dtc-ddc-coding-bmw-s1000-rr-hp4-2010-2015

[h=1]alpha Racing ECU/DASH - ABS, DTC, DDC Coding BMW S1000RR/HP4 (2010-, 2015-)[/h][h=2]$ 499.99[/h]
Quantity

alpha Racing ECU/DASH - ABS, DTC, DDC Coding BMW S1000RR/HP4 (2010-, 2015-)
Part Number: 1270B100A00-01
alpha Racing BMW S1000RR/HP4 ECU Flash -ECU/DASH - ABS, DTC, DDC coding ECU + DASH configuration according to bike setup, ABS yes/no, DTC yes/no, DDC yes/no, etc. This is a complete alpha Racing Flash is a Programming Protocol that will completely work on ANY existing ECU Flash, including any of the competitor's flash tuning products. Note: Please follow the directions on our Support Page to have this ECU Flashing Service performed.
This BMW S1000RR/HP4 ECU Flash Mapping Contains:
* No ABS warning light in case of removed ABS hydraulic unit
* No DTC warning light in case of totally removed ABS-system
* No DDC warning light in case of removed DDC units (Remark: with DDC warning coolant temperature is not visible!)
Benefit from the unrivaled racing knowledge of alpha Racing in Germany and their professional experience in World Superbike, World Superstock, Moto GP (Moto 2), German IDM Superbike Championship, FIM Superstock Cup 1000, and 24 Hour Endurance Racing by using genuine alpha Racing Performance Parts and ECU Electronic Tuning for BMW S1000 RR and HP4.

Thanks for the info. Do you still have to keep all the pipework or can i remove all and run 2 straight pipes?

just junk the ABS pipework,blank off the pump,fit lines striaght from m/c's job done.
you will get the ABS fault light on the left side of the dash though unless you code it to remove

alpha Racing

If you are buying alpha Racing parts do not order from www.alphasbk.com. You will find it significantly cheaper to order directly from alpha Racing in Germany thereby avoiding any customs and import charges from the USA. Furthermore Premier Forum Members receive a good discount on all alpha Racing parts if ordered from Prime Factors Motorcycles who are their main UK distributor.

alpha Racing
https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...&language=en&zenid=l82rqeenj1a64hkjokuv4fqjo2

Prime Factors Motorcycles
www.primefactorsmotorcycles.com

Can you edit my post with those links @rys1000rr ? I was just cut and pasting the info so didn't think to check.

When I remove ABS, can I leave rear ABS lines un-touched ? I dont really use rear brake much, so dont really care if ABS is present there.

Is it possible to do just the front ?

Also, which parts do I need from Alpha Racing ? Lines and Abs delete module ?

Re: alpha Racing

If you are buying alpha Racing parts do not order from www.alphasbk.com. You will find it significantly cheaper to order directly from alpha Racing in Germany thereby avoiding any customs and import charges from the USA. Furthermore Premier Forum Members receive a good discount on all alpha Racing parts if ordered from Prime Factors Motorcycles who are their main UK distributor.

alpha Racing
https://shop.alpharacing.com/shop/i...&language=en&zenid=l82rqeenj1a64hkjokuv4fqjo2

Prime Factors Motorcycles
www.primefactorsmotorcycles.com

Prime Factors are terrible.

Called them on Monday to order some parts, they told me they will call me back after they find the parts. It's Friday now, not a single call or email from them.

Hi, Yep all the levers are mushy in a BMW showroom. I'm still running the ABS but have changed my M/C to a Brembo RCS and the lever hits a instant solid feel like a normal non-abs system, but fantastic feedback braking wise. Much better than std. I have all my bikes on RCS's whether ABS or non ABS and they all feel the same lever wise.... Perfect.

So it's either the Nissan M/C or BMW don't bleed their systems well. My S1000RR was full of air and my mates GS and GT were the same from new.

just junk the ABS pipework,blank off the pump,fit lines striaght from m/c's job done.
you will get the ABS fault light on the left side of the dash though unless you code it to remove
What is blank off the pump? How do you do it exactly?

the cheap way it to plug the 4 (?) holes with suitable bolts,leaving the pump+control unit in situ but just blanking the holes off

the cheap way it to plug the 4 (?) holes with suitable bolts,leaving the pump+control unit in situ but just blanking the holes off
And do you by any chance know whether I can just remove the front ABS lines and leave the rear unchanged?

tbh i'm not sure,once it's been disconnected will throw a fault up on the dash,wether that totally deactivates the ABS system i dont know,but tbh,for the sake of a rear line,may aswell disconnect it all

tbh i'm not sure,once it's been disconnected will throw a fault up on the dash,wether that totally deactivates the ABS system i dont know,but tbh,for the sake of a rear line,may aswell disconnect it all
One more question,

Alpha racing sells screws and cover plate. Do I really need those if I decide to keep the ABS unit in the bike?

Can I re-use existing screws to cover unused wholes?

the cover plate is remove the pump completely i think,basically goes on the control box where you hve removed the actuall pump.any screw will do as long as it fits correctly

Removed ABS lines today. Had to cut 1 front line in half, as I didnt want to dis-assemble the airbox to get it out.

I couldnt figure out how to use cover plate, so I just closed off 4 holes with Alpha Racing plug-screws. No warning on dash board.

I'm happy that my amateur mechanic skills worked out quite well and there were no issues with braking system after ABS removal at Donny today.

Me happy.

Back