2018 alarm

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

FRS463

Reaction score
Collects my bike today and no fobs but apparently it is alarmed as I ordered it with one.

I can can move the bike and does not set anything off??

how do you set it up so it automatically starts, apparently I can buy the fobs.

cheers

Charlie

No fobs mate, alarm is activated from menu under DWS. You can turn on or off from the menu on the computer.

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
I’ll read the manual again to see how to access it, would have thought it would have come turned on

You can buy fobs to do it the old way to set and unset the alarm. Without them the alarm is either set to arm or not through the settings menu as described above once the ignition key is removed.

I had the system on my GSA and it hadnt been thought though by bmw. If the alarm was set to arm when I removed the key I would always trigger the alarm when I wanted to open a pannier at the end of a ride, the only way around it was to unset it in the settings, take out the key, access the panniers, turn the ignition back on, set it to arm, take the key out again. Then do the same process to get into a pannier before riding off again, madness. Maybe not so much of an issue with a s1k?

Well it appears the alarm on the order sheet has not been fitted, is it an easy retrofit?

It should be a dealer visit to install the alarm and programme the ecu. Not a difficult job.

Cheers, emailed the supplying dealer who is now 290 miles away and currently in a different country until December, maybe he can get the local dealer to fit it for me?

You can buy fobs to do it the old way to set and unset the alarm. Without them the alarm is either set to arm or not through the settings menu as described above once the ignition key is removed.

I had the system on my GSA and it hadnt been thought though by bmw. If the alarm was set to arm when I removed the key I would always trigger the alarm when I wanted to open a pannier at the end of a ride, the only way around it was to unset it in the settings, take out the key, access the panniers, turn the ignition back on, set it to arm, take the key out again. Then do the same process to get into a pannier before riding off again, madness. Maybe not so much of an issue with a s1k?

Soof,

Thanks for the heads up on this. I've now ordered a second hand fob which I believe I can programme myself. Turning off the alarm or having to turn on the ignition just to move the bike about is a complete pia. I'll post up now I get on.

Cheers, emailed the supplying dealer who is now 290 miles away and currently in a different country until December, maybe he can get the local dealer to fit it for me?

I forgot about the bigger battery as per snooker’s post, but there is a chance it has already been fitted if the spec was with the alarm from factory (worth checking to be sure). Bmw uk should be able to assist getting a local dealership to retro fit the alarm for you if it is the factory which has cocked up the build.

Back