Weird IT problem

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Huge

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I've got a new laptop that sometimes...

sdrawkcab gnipyt strats

starts typing backwards
(example above)
for no apparent reason. It does it in all programs, intermittently, probably 1% of the time.

I've got a new laptop that sometimes...

sdrawkcab gnipyt strats

starts typing backwards
(example above)
for no apparent reason. It does it in all programs, intermittently, probably 1% of the time.
#

Yea actually I've heard of that before... but not in a new PC or Lappie... google the problem and you will find a workaround/solution.... new as in brand new ?

Bizarre, I working the industry and have not heard of this before :)

ZachR84Replied on March 13, 2017

Hi,
I just recently started having this issue on my laptop. I don't know if this is your issue, but I thought I'd post this so when people looked around, they'd see it too. I couldn't find my solution anywhere.
Anyways, normally to drag and drop on the track pad, you have to double click and hold. I changed the setting to double click and hold to grab it. But if you let go it still keeps hold of what you are dragging. I have to click again to let go. Turns out, somehow when I click on search boxes and stuff, somehow I activate the grab and the mouse just happens to be to the left of the box. So when I type, the cursor is always being dragged to the left. So when I type, it types backwards. If you have this setting on, you might be doing the same thing. Clicking again to "drop" stops the cursor from being dragged to the left and resumes normal typing. That might be it.

Last edited:
Right, gottit.
If I insert the cursor to add some text and move the mouse to the right (cursor still in place coz I clicked, keep up), the text types in normally. If the mouse is moved to the left of the clicked cursor, it types backwards.
I bet it's a bug on some f*cking feature that someone's added. Can't these c*nts just leave their software alone. It wasn't broke...Rant over.
Lord alone knows if it's Apple, Microsoft or who-so-ever's little bit of code is bust. At least I gotta a work around now. Jeez.

You have to wonder at it...so many 'features' someone out there created the need, but who?!

It's like in Outlook web now, to delete takes multiple attempts, you have to;
Delete from Inbox, Delete from Deleted, Delete from Restorable items to remove one single e-mail and stop them storing crap including junk mail. This triple delete, you just know, will have been added because some d1ck *stores* mails in the deleted items and accidentally deleted something important at some point. :facepalm:

Back