Newbie from Berkshire

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stupot

Reaction score
Hi
Bought a new 18 plate RR motorsport 8 weeks ago.

Mod so far, Akky gp slip on.

Just joined the forum.

Looking into a rapid bike easy, if anyone could explain the benefits then please do.

Hi Stu, welcome to the forum, I've not seen results from the RapidBike Easy, but *in theory* it is just a signal interceptor. It takes the feed from the O2 sensor and adjusts the signal to get the AFR into the 13.5-14:5 range which will be safe. 5-7000 where there's a lot of leaning out by the stock ECU it will add fuel. Where it goes rich in the top end it will reduce it making better power (OEM rich is safe not fast).

I run the RapidBike Race. It's goes well :)

Cheers Alex, don?t think I need the Evo or Race.

What does the bike try and achieve afr wise as standard if it runs lean?

Is it worth investing in a more expensive unit if I?m not decatting it?

I haven?t decatted the bike but just to get it sort of right mid range would be great.
I see Rapid Bike supply the settings to dial in the unit.

?160 for the unit so could be a reasonable priced mod.

You don't *need* anything if you're on the road. It will run well as is. With the Cat in the back pressure and AFR's are largely as intended. The fattening of the fueling at 5-7000rpm may make is drive harder off the turns.

TBH I'd love someone to test one. Dyno run before. Stick it on, give it some time to bed in, re dyno it.

By the looks of it you set dial 1 on "2" and dial 2 on "+1". Easy enough.
https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Rapid-Bi...-BMW-Motor-Bikes-please-see-list/263925331289

Welcome to the forum Stu and congratulations on your new RR!

What sort of riding do you enjoy primarily and what is your riding history?

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

Cheers Oli,

Spirited road riding.
Mainly through West Berkshire, Oxfordshire,Wiltshire and Northamptonshire.

Started off 25 years ago on a zxr750 h1, I have had 1000cc bikes from then on.

I swapped my 2016 zx10r which I had Woolich Racing ecu reflashed and was magnificent for the s1000rr.

I know you that decatting the Beemer isn?t as straight forward as the jap bikes that I?m used to, hence why I?m asking advice on these rapid bike stuff.

Welcome fellow name person...we've a lot in common... I almost signed on the line for a new Green C1 ZXR 750 24 years ago to the month !.. but decided against it and went on a RTW 7 month trip Nov 93...as good as that was I still regret not buying that bike !.

Welcome

Stu

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Back