all year round tires

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know I don't have HP wheels. I have the wheels the bike came with and didn't tick any option, so I presume they're what we call "stock".
unnamed.jpg

Wheels

You have the OEM cast wheels fitted and not the lighter HP forged wheels.

So in that case dont go with the 200 rear profile tyre. The TC is not set on your bike for the 200 rear and tbh it makes no discernable difference to run with one. PR5 (havent tried but the PR4s were good) or the M7RR / Rosso3 are all good for miles and all weather.

Thanks Guys. Always on a for a new experience so I've ordered the Road 5's. I'll let you know how I get on with them, assuming I don't drown...

HP Forged Wheels

Yes; they come fitted with a 200 profile rear tyre.

Fitted road 5s on friday.. been out for 2 x 160 mile rides over weekend.. one word.. "amazing" roads were a little damp yesterday morning and they were faultless.. highly recommended if you wanna ride all year round...

Fitted road 5s on friday.. been out for 2 x 160 mile rides over weekend.. one word.. "amazing" roads were a little damp yesterday morning and they were faultless.. highly recommended if you wanna ride all year round...

So, since I fitted mine I have no regrets. I've ridden about a thousand miles already and my confidence is at it's best. Damp roads should always flag caution but when the wet weather hits us I am confident they will be good. I also think the turn in on these tyres is great (you've only got to look at the profile to see why). I think the final bonus over the PR4's is the extra rubber on the edges and so far it has proven good.
I had one very minor slip on acceleration round a right hander but don't really count that as an issue as I put that down to my own sillyness (accelerating on a white line is not recommended ;-) ).

I'm almost thinking these are better than M7's for the road - but that just doesn't sound right!

I use s21s all year round. But I did notice last day in leafy roads and cold temps the traction control appeared alot more but never felt unsafe at Pace

I use s21s all year round. But I did notice last day in leafy roads and cold temps the traction control appeared alot more but never felt unsafe at Pace

Hi.... I find your post confusing. I assume you are talking about riding on the road... And the weather hasn't been very cold (certainly not in October when you posted).
So I'd be asking why are you are losing traction so much? Is it you (e.g. not waiting for warm up) or is it the tyre just not performing in cold weather?

I've done 2.5k miles on pilot 5's since Sept. amazing tires.. I run in sport mode all the time and every ride is a fast road pace.. was out on new years day in 4-7 degrees over the lake district and not once did the traction light come on.. cracking all year round rubber. Wont hesitate to replace with same tires

I've done 2.5k miles on pilot 5's since Sept. amazing tires.. I run in sport mode all the time and every ride is a fast road pace.. was out on new years day in 4-7 degrees over the lake district and not once did the traction light come on.. cracking all year round rubber. Wont hesitate to replace with same tires

I'd agree agree with you so far. Whilst I ride all the time I don't feel I've given them a real work out in the cold to comment yet so good to hear. I'll update when I feel I've fully tested in the cold weather that has just arrived...(maybe early tomorrow morning as it happens!)...

Just fitted a set of Pilot Road 5's to my gen 2 after being impressed with them on my Blackbird. Only had the bike a few days and the headrace bearings are knackered so not riding hard but so far on my commute they feel nice and secure with good feedback...

Will be interesting to see what the reviews say about the S22. Every year the new version gets more grip and life.
In a few years you will be able ride them on the ceiling and they will last forever

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Lol I have always found Bridgestones harsh on the road but the rate at which they have been releasing new hypersports makes me think they are probably much different now.

I want to try the R11, S22 and the Dunlop TT's

- Alex

Latest posts

Back