How well do you know your Cruise control?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GixxerChuck

Forum Vendor
Reaction score
There are 6 ways to ?cancel? cruise control. Can you hand them all?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Clutch, front brake, rear brake, close throttle, push cruise cover to off, change gear (quickshift not clutch), lose traction (either wheel slip or wheel off ground after bump) and lastly over riding CC by nailing it to over 155mph while CC engaged :)

Very good. You also knew there were actually more than 6. Have to say didn?t know about the alleged 155mph one 🤪

Almost the same on my KTM, is the BMW CC accurate? Sometimes my CC accelerates to above the set mph does the BMW do that?

Almost the same on my KTM, is the BMW CC accurate? Sometimes my CC accelerates to above the set mph does the BMW do that?

Not noticed that. Accelerate is also a subjective word when using cruise control revert to speed. Casually getting there is more like it [emoji23]

What do you mean by "close throttle"? I often set the CC and take my hand of the bar to stretch my wrist - which means the throttle is closed.

Nope, close as in physically roll throttle grip to closed position, you'll then feel a slight give and thats when it turns off the CC

Sorry - I'm not following. If I set CC and take my hand off the grip the spring returns the throttle to the closed position - it does not affect the CC. I'm missing something here.

You physically push the throttle closed and then CC deactivates

Sent from my HTC 10 using Tapatalk

If you physically over-close the throttle, you will feel a slight additional range of movement that deactivates the CC.
The bike doesn?t have to be running to feel this

- Oli

I didn't know that about the close throttle! Always touch the front brake which results in minor whiplash:wink-new:, or just toggle cruise to off

I still reckon you just pull the fuse for the rear brake light [emoji12]

- Oli
Wouldn't know where to find the fuse!

I have been out playing today (KTM) :stupid:, I tried something with the CC. By keeping the CC on through the twisties it made the ride rather exciting and noticed that the CC on the bike does not slow the bike down as my car does when I enter a corner real quick. My car (Mini) applies a rear brake when cornering quick with CC on (which I dont like).

Anyone know if the RR CC would slow the bike if the bike was being ridden qquick on entry to a corner?

Last edited:
Wouldn't know where to find the fuse!

I have been out playing today (KTM), I tried something with the CC. By keeping the CC on through the twisties it made the ride rather exciting and noticed that the CC on the bike does not slow the bike down as my car does when I enter a corner real quick. My car (Mini) applies a rear brake when cornering quick with CC on.

Anyone know if the RR CC would slow the bike if the bike was being ridden qquick on entry to a corner?
Not in my experience

- Alex

I doubt it would scrub off any speed into a corner, the cc just maintains the speed. Ive done it with the GS on highways in Spain with the cc on (same ecu setup) and nailing it around bends with lean and it made no difference.

Back