How well do you know your Cruise control?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wouldn't know where to find the fuse!

I have been out playing today (KTM) :stupid:, I tried something with the CC. By keeping the CC on through the twisties it made the ride rather exciting and noticed that the CC on the bike does not slow the bike down as my car does when I enter a corner real quick. My car (Mini) applies a rear brake when cornering quick with CC on (which I dont like).

Anyone know if the RR CC would slow the bike if the bike was being ridden qquick on entry to a corner?

At a certain local track to me, I popped the CC on as I wanted to indicate to a rider I was passing that he should move over, apparently he didn't like that I was almost elbow down around the very long right hander with a single finger pointing where he should go, CC held the speed and line perfectly, so no it doesn't slow down the bike

... Anyone know if the RR CC would slow the bike if the bike was being ridden qquick on entry to a corner?

It never applies the brakes, but it does close the throttle butterflies to maintain the speed.

I find it a strange sensation when cornering at moderate lean angles with the CC on, as it doesn?t produce a totally smooth and natural feel as you enter the corner, where you would otherwise have a closed or constant throttle

- Oli

Back