Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
principle did that to me last year . and they were decent to deal with . thats a massive excess you can insure that for a few quid in case the unthinkable happens

Be-Moto came back to me earlier...very courteous and great to deal with on the phone...but it was a referral to U/W and I knew it would be expensive before they offered terms.... result...?530.00.

It's due to my convictions...all minor btw . SP30, SP20 and an TS10.... 5,4 and 2 years ago..

So 2 will lapse off next renewal...happy to revisit them next year. Get the impression in the event of a claim they would very helpful...

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I know quite a few dealers so I ask a couple to give me trade and rrp value.

At 16 I was told that my Insurance would go down in price as I got older, ive been waiting 43 years for that to happen lol.

Cheers Phil... yea I'm same...

My RR is insured with Ducati insurance!
Cheapest for me, good to deal with ( not claimed yet - that?s the true test) but at least the yearly renewal comes through lower than the previous year.
They can take things on a case by case basis & individually contact the underwriter.
They do multi bike insurance too. Don?t bother with their online quote, you will need to remortgage your house.
Dog and bone job.

BMW wouldnt offer me a renewal this year either. I was told the underwriter of the policies had changed. I went with MCE in the end aswell...

BMW wouldnt offer me a renewal this year either. I was told the underwriter of the policies had changed. I went with MCE in the end aswell...
Strange one... clearly their criteria has changed Benny.

My premium is fine around 300 quid..

Ended up with Bennet's, paid a bit more but I am covered for everything.

Strange thing, I was using compare the market which takes you to Bennets own system as you move forward to purchase.. refining and checking through my details I started messing about with the voluntary excess, the default is ?500 plus ?600 compulsory, total pre-claim ?1100.

Lowering the voluntary to ?250 reduced the premium to LESS than premium with the ?500 voluntary !... bizarre, must be some anomaly in their system...

S

Last edited:
Ended up with Bennet's, paid a bit more but I am covered for everything.

Strange thing, I was using compare the market which takes you to Bennets own system as you move forward to purchase.. refining and checking through my details I started messing about with the voluntary excess, the default is ?500 plus ?600 compulsory, total pre-claim ?1100.

Lowering the voluntary to ?250 reduced the premium to LESS than premium with the ?500 voluntary !... bizarre, must be some anomaly in their system...

S
I swear they just pull numbers out of a hat 🤣🤣. I had my car renewal come through last mnth, it was 30 quid cheaper than last yr to agreed to it. I then remembered i hadnt let them know about 2 big problems. My claim for my bike theft and also that i picked up 6 pts this yr . So i rang them and he said obviously that will change things. He punched it into the computer and it came back another 20 quid cheaper [emoji23][emoji23][emoji23][emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

One of my cars is with lv. Got the renewal quote through from them, then went online did a comparison and they came out cheaper on the comparison website than my renewal (everything the same) so took out the new policy. Same insurer, same policy, over ?100 cheaper as a new policy instead of renewing. Bonkers.

One of my cars is with lv. Got the renewal quote through from them, then went online did a comparison and they came out cheaper on the comparison website than my renewal (everything the same) so took out the new policy. Same insurer, same policy, over ?100 cheaper as a new policy instead of renewing. Bonkers.
I had that same thing before too... was a few years ago I'm sure it was bike related .

Back