Insurance

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

stuartb

Reaction score
So I got a letter in from BMW Insurance last week saying that they aren't offering me terms this year due to a change of underwriting criteria and I was to call them...I did call them, a bunch of ***** thats what I called them. My circs are exactly same as 17/18, so **** knows...

Anyhow I got this quote which I thought was decent..might call them tomorrow and ask to get Legal Protection included...

So who pays what?

15676369e1f1891642f2086b3b971aee.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

I'm quite loyal Rob, and would have been happy to sit tight wth BMW. Think most of these insurers don't really try to retain their clients, hence this annual circus.

Definatly try be moto first. Really wasnt happy with mce

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

But of course on both counts, your too kind.

To be fair I was surprised they offered me terms last year as my record isn't the most appealing..maybe they breathed a sigh of relief as my cover is ending.

Even more reason to try them [emoji23]

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Worth trying bemoto. They are a forum partner. I use them.
That's what I meant...partner. I looked earlier at the premier members deals and didn't see their name, but I'm using my phone to browse.

I've just looked them up, so will mail them now..hopefully they can place the business somewhere and it will help support our "thing"..

I just emailed bemoto so hopefully they will bell me tomorrow.

Can I ask how does anyone gauge the value of their bike when completing the valuation field.. I just reduce the figure each year by say ?1000.00 so it's a guess really.

S

Can I ask how does anyone gauge the value of their bike when completing the valuation field.. I just reduce the figure each year by say ?1000.00 so it's a guess really.

S

Hi Stuart. Have a look at the current market value of similar age/spec bikes. At the end of the day the loss adjuster will do that if you make a claim. If value of bike is higher than that you will need good evidence (receipts for non std parts).

The value you state to insurer will be an upper limit on what they will pay & will usually change the quote. If you undervalue that is the most they will offer. If you over value - say put ?35 k then you are likely to pay a higher premium, but they will still offer you market value & it's up to you to prove otherwise.

Don't forget to declare any mods !

S
Bemoto gave me a good price but was still higher than my current insurers Bikesure, 2 bikes ?350 inc Eu breakdown.

I usually value my bike between trade and rrp, saying that my KTM will be valued this year at just over what I paid for it new.

Good Luck Stu.

Cheers Phil. I'll let you know what the costs are.. do you refer to a guide for the value of your bike ?.

Cheers Phil. I'll let you know what the costs are.. do you refer to a guide for the value of your bike ?.

I know quite a few dealers so I ask a couple to give me trade and rrp value.

At 16 I was told that my Insurance would go down in price as I got older, ive been waiting 43 years for that to happen lol.

Last edited:
Back