Service Inclusive Plan & 18k service - anyone got one?

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

RickS1K

S1000RR Supporter
Reaction score
I just had a chat with my dealer about the service included plans - was thinking of taking one out. Anyone else had experience of them? As long as you have a big service in scope of the term of the contract it seems like a reasonable deal?

One thing that I did discuss with them is the 18k service - it would appear that the plan only covers *checking* the valve clearance, and that should they need adjustment, that this would be a chargeable extra. Additionally, they said it is highly likely that they'd need adjusted. How big a job is this, how much have people been charged for this?

Cheers

Rick

I just had a chat with my dealer about the service included plans - was thinking of taking one out. Anyone else had experience of them? As long as you have a big service in scope of the term of the contract it seems like a reasonable deal?

One thing that I did discuss with them is the 18k service - it would appear that the plan only covers *checking* the valve clearance, and that should they need adjustment, that this would be a chargeable extra. Additionally, they said it is highly likely that they'd need adjusted. How big a job is this, how much have people been charged for this?

Cheers

Rick
Surely Checking 80% of the job so the parts and labour of replacement shouldn't be a lot more.

- Alex

Surely Checking 80% of the job so the parts and labour of replacement shouldn't be a lot more.

- Alex

+1, and IMO I would be very surprised if they needed adjusting anyway. I?ve had two valve clearance checks so far and on both occasions they were still in spec.

- Oli

Latest posts

Back