First couple of mods

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Darren

Reaction score
Just fitted new smaller numberplate (7.5" x 5.5" Show plate, only use it when the bike is sitting in the garage ofcourse :eek: !!!!!) from here:

http://www.bike-plate.com/

Also R&G Rear foot rest blanking plates from here:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/R-G-RACING-BMW-S1000RR-REAR-FOOT-REST-BLANKING-PLATES-EXHAUST-MOUNT-BLANKS-/150665040793?pt=UK_Motorcycle_Parts&hash=item2314561399#ht_1431wt_1113

photo-1.jpg

fatbob link=topic=157.msg761#msg761 date=1317564059 said:
how you finding them tyres ::)

Only done 340 miles, still on limiter, so can't really tell for sure yet! But they feel really well planted on corners even at low speeds.

kingfixer link=topic=157.msg767#msg767 date=1317573247 said:
I think a tail tidy might be in order !! ;)

Thinking exactly the same ;)

[/quote]Only done 340 miles, still on limiter, so can't really tell for sure yet! But they feel really well planted on corners even at low speeds.
[/quote]

Believe me with the full fat going through them they have no answer. I had mine ripping up in the middle just accelerating hard. Bin em as quick as.

Have to admit I was never comfortable on the Conti's that came on the bike, switched over to K3's and it's like night and day, but this is also because of the confidence boost I get from using them (same on my trackbike) they just stick to the road like glue! ;D

Thanks for the recommendations. I'll see how the Contis feel once the restriction is lifted. I've been told by quite a few people now that they wear like Cheese!

Ducky how many miles do you get form K3s?

Darren link=topic=157.msg806#msg806 date=1317663470 said:
Thanks for the recommendations. I'll see how the Contis feel once the restriction is lifted. I've been told by quite a few people now that they wear like Cheese!

Ducky how many miles do you get form K3s?

Hard to tell as I've only put them on recently and have about 500miles on them so far and a few laps at the Ring (still look perfect), but to be honest I'm not fussed about the mileage life, I'm more for outright grip as it's just a weekend toy. :)

My first S had the K3s and they were shot in 1800miles. The 211GPs I've got fitted now look like they will do similiar.

Latest posts

Back