My Mum, the Hero.

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JimmyMac

Reaction score
Twice when I was a Policeman I got commendations for bravery where fire was involved.

Once a woman with mental health issues attacked me with a knife and poured petrol over me and her and set it alight, luckily it was over my legs and my stunning good looks were left intact. The second incident was when I entered a burning building and helped people and pets out before being trapped myself and had to be rescued by the Fire Service, that time only my yellow jacket and the back of my head got burned, lol. Its all coming back now.

About an hour ago my Sister phoned to tell me to look up the local paper to see what my 75 year old Mother was up to last night after coming home from a Bowling Club dance.........

https://www.thecourier.co.uk/fp/new...-forces-buckhaven-residents-from-their-homes/

Now I see where I get it from, she actually went into the downstairs flat whilst the one above was on fire, this with a new knee and a triple by-pass a few years back.

She got the man and his 2 dogs out herself, whilst her brave husband phoned the Fire Service, from the other side of the street, hahahaha.

Not spoken to her yet as its late but to say I am proud is an understatement.

Don't think smoke inhalation will have much affect on her, she puffs 20 a day and is on ongoing treatment for blood Cancer, still can't believe it she is about 8 stone and very slightly built.

JimmyMac

LOL she's awesome deserves a medal!
Glad she didn't come to harm helping others

- Alex

She definitely deserves a medal for doing that!!!

Anyone that is willing to go into a burning building to help others deserves recognition!
I've had to go it an engine room on a ship that there had been a very small fire in. Even with all the equipment, and BA set on, and a lot of training, I was shitting myself. Thankfully the fire was taken care of with extinguishers by the first on scene and nobody was hurt.

Incredible!
There is clearly a hero gene in your family Jimmy!

Last edited:
The neighbour owes his life to your Mum, if only there were more people with her values and bravery

Very selfless act & great courage.

I believe the true character of a person comes out in these type of situations, your mums instinct & nature was to help regardless of the dangerous circumstances or consequences.

Inspiring to read, you must be very proud.

Back