exhaust can

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Exhaust

Quite why one would even consider fitting a ?60 exhaust to a ?15,000+ Superbike is beyond me.

Re: Exhaust

cos im not a bike snob.... it was just a question mate.. get back in your box

Exhaust

I?m merely making a point. The very fact that all of the images of their products have Akrapovič, SC Exhausts logos etc deliberately blurred out screams counterfeiting. You get what you pay for...

yeah they're obviously fake... but 90% of fake goods are very good copies.. china are the kiddies when it comes to copying a product.. and the one for my 2016 is only ?150 which is a massive saving over genuine product.. im just interested as to wether anyone has bought one of these ???

Exhaust

I agree they are cheap but I fundamentally disagree with the production and sale of counterfeit goods. For ?270 you can purchase a brand new, genuine Arrow slip-on which compared to other brands isn?t that much.

yeah they're obviously fake... but 90% of fake goods are very good copies.. china are the kiddies when it comes to copying a product.. and the one for my 2016 is only ?150 which is a massive saving over genuine product.. im just interested as to wether anyone has bought one of these ???
Gaz...save yersel a fortune and buy this to go with your chinky end can.. punt the beemer and get drunk for a year with the change ! Lol
d72e20fb74b6f5664dc71b1b67b50080.jpg

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

Last edited:
Buy cheap, buy twice.

Hate counterfeits like Rys, not worth a pound far less ?150.

Your OEM pipe is light years ahead of anything copied by China.

The Arrow suggestion has great merit if you want to change.

JimmyMac

Not a bike snob but an engineer.

I'm going to go against the grain here. I've been marshaling with Bemsee and they have a mobile dyno, go them to do 3 power runs on my bike, no priints as Im a cheapskate and only wanted to here what the results were as no need to big anything up to look good etc.

Anyway they ran my bike with full Akra Ti system, full Arrow Ti system and lastly stainless Lextek full system, Akra and Arrow were within 1bhp of each other and sounded great, super light and only ?1500+ to buy, now the el cheapo Lextek costs less than ?600, weighs more than the other 2 by about 4kgs, BUT put out just 4bhp less, so Chinese el cheapo system is a grand less, a little heavier but only loses out by 4bhp.

For racing and knowing it'll go down the track, I can't feel 4bhp, can lose weight to gain back the 4kg and only spend ?150 on a back box, oh that runs 101db without the baffle. Yes I've lose street cred as I haven't bought into a big name, gotta look good to my mates and others, but I've not lost anything and gained ???'s in my wallet

As for Chinese copying, well I bet almost everyone has at least something thats a knock off, somewhere, it happens, if you have more money than sense then good for you, but I see nothing wrong with being savy and saving cash, buy what you want and save money if thats what you'd like to do :)

anybody bought one of these ??? obviously from china.. nut for price surely they're worth a look ??

https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Motorcyc...lip-On-For-BMW-S1000RR-2010-2014/222999368363

Problem with stuff like this is not only the various issues to do with counterfeit and quality etc, but it will look cheap and anyone who knows anything about these bikes will see its a knock-off and not the genuine article.

Good quality, more expensive stuff is often cheaper overall because you get good money for decent second hand items when you move them on. Dodgy stuff is generally scrap.

As for Chinese copying, well I bet almost everyone has at least something thats a knock off, somewhere, it happens, if you have more money than sense then good for you, but I see nothing wrong with being savy and saving cash, buy what you want and save money if thats what you'd like to do :)

There is a big difference between a cheap chinese can and a cheap chinese counterfeit can.
Counterfeiting is theft, thats never ok.

Re: Exhaust

Hiya

Picking up my gen 3 on Saturday and was hoping to move my akro slip on from my gen2 but of course it wont fit.... Grrr.... is that price below for a gen 3 arrow slip on? Got a link?

Ta
I agree they are cheap but I fundamentally disagree with the production and sale of counterfeit goods. For ?270 you can purchase a brand new, genuine Arrow slip-on which compared to other brands isn?t that much.

Sent from my SM-T713 using Tapatalk

There is a big difference between a cheap chinese can and a cheap chinese counterfeit can.
Counterfeiting is theft, thats never ok.

But they aren't making them and putting Arrow or Akrapovic on them, therefore they are not counterfeiting, they are making something that looks similar, nothing more nothing less.

My mate had a fake on his mt07.

Lasted a whole three days.

Attachments

• IMG_20180918_193614.jpg
    IMG_20180918_193614.jpg
    800.1 KB · Views: 29
Last edited:

Latest posts

Back