Sstk 1000

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

alex

Forum Moderator
Admin
Reaction score
The S1000RR, in potentially its last year in this guise, has just wrapped up the SSTK constructors title.

Markus Reiterberger should wrap up the title in 2 weeks (on his S1000RR).

- Alex

Racing

It?s a shame that BMW have been comprehensively thrashed in WSBK, and have only had the odd podium in BSB, this season. At least they had good results at the TT. Hopefully next year the new S1000RR will be much better in Superbike specification.

Re: Racing

It?s a shame that BMW have been comprehensively thrashed in WSBK, and have only had the odd podium in BSB, this season. At least they had good results at the TT. Hopefully next year the new S1000RR will be much better in Superbike specification.

Agree Ry but Superstock is much more aligned to what most of us ride, unlike you who gets to mod the bike to death 🤪 Not jealous at all [emoji23]

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I have a feeling that Reiterberger will be competing with the Van Zon - Remeha BMW in WSBK next year..

Alpha Racing is sharing facebook pictures of a bike in WSBK trim.

In some ways I hope they dont change their focus for the sake of the media publicity in WSB, or at least if they do I hope the stock bike retains it's powers over the competition without much modifications. The WSB machines are >?80,0000 and often way way more and nothing like the stock bikes that we ride. The Superstock bikes however are well within the reach of most owners. Its a shame there's not more publicity as it's only after racing for a year in the club 600 class that I realised how all conquering the BMW is in the 1000 Superstock class and its the reason I am looking to race one next year. To race my Panigale would cost thousands more to convert and the recommended engine refresh times are half that of the BMW. At the club racing level you could probably just chuck race fairings and lock wire on the stock S1000RR and be in the top 10 or above if you were a good enough rider. Most other bikes seem to need loads more effort and money to make them competitive.

WSBK needs re-inventing. It's an odd halfway house to MotoGP, but with none of the fanbase. The costs need slashing, because Dorna will never have that series overtake MotoGP.

The costs are too high and so is the complexity. Win on Sunday, Sell on Monday...sell what? Not one of us believe JR's bike is anything like what we'd get from the dealers.
It's kinda stupid that the WSBK spec HP4-RACE is illegal due to its *base price* (and carbon wheels) when pretty much out of the factory you could race one at the sharp end without messing about with it, ultimately spending less...

WSBK bikes should have a very small list of parts that can be changed out of the factory. Springy bits, triple clamps, fuel location, swingarm pivots, brakes, bodywork, exhaust. That's it. The concession rules in MotoGP are a success...they could do the same for WSBK.
Standard Factory ECU, tested at each round, to make sure it runs a factory fresh normal bike on a dyno, FIM controlled, no additional sensors. Base price no more than €25k. (35k was silly for a base)

Such small changes would reduce the cost to be competitive. Might even push the manufacturers to make €25k limited editions, which would improve the base bikes for BSB, SuperStock, RoadRacing etc.

What they could then introduce is a tyre war...and get rid of the silly Saturday race, which my BT box refuses to record FFS.

He's getting paid handsomely. Is on top.
There's no MotoGP willing to match what Kawasaki give him. MotoGP's loss imo.

- Alex

Back