Suspension help needed

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Ukbmw

Reaction score
Only ridden my gen3 ddc three times but im really struggling with the suspension.
The bikes only got 2k miles.
I have no feel or feedback at all with the front end.
Im 6 foot 3 tall and around 16 stone kitted so i usually have to change the rear spring but the bmw feels ok at the back.
Its the front end feel i cant get. I used the user mode and changed the damping but the feel is still vague.
I have hp rims on it so the change of direction is easy but the feel when you start to lay it over is strange.
Any advice?

DDC Suspension

Front end vagueness is a common complaint regarding the DDC system especially when on track. Changing the front fork springs, and air gap, will help generate considerably more front end feel and control particularly during corner entry and apex. Most do not experience any issues with the rear once preload is adjusted. If you are a trackday rider then you may also want to consider fitting a 2D potentiometer which separates the compression and rebound stages of the front DDC damping which allows for greater fidelity when setting the bike up.

do you know what your settings are? the front potentiometer makes a big difference on track,but without knowing your base settings it's impossible to comment on what your issue could be.

do you know what your settings are? the front potentiometer makes a big difference on track,but without knowing your base settings it's impossible to comment on what your issue could be.
I havnt checked the sag yet but the bike is totally standard settings.
It didnt even have the chip put in it so it hasnt been played with at all.
I tried user mode and just changed the settings on the dash up and down to see if i could get a different feeling. Didnt seem to remove the vague feeling.
I need to fit sc2 tyres as thats what i always run and im familular with.

Take the bike to MCT. Darren will get it setup as needed, as well as possible, with OEM suspension.

- Alex

ddc will be set at softest preload as standard so that wont help you, the front is to stiff , doesnt sit down in the stroke, if your keeping and cant get away with it I would fit aftermarket suspension as time you muck about with the front prob be into a grand,
?300 for setup with springs from MCT.

- Alex

Suspension Setup

... as time you muck about with the front prob be into a grand,

If someone is being charged that much to simply have their front fork springs changed, and preload adjusted, then they are being ripped off. To properly sort the front forks, together with the rear, should cost no more than ?300-375.

Back