hi peeps

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Gaz93

Reaction score
hi ya lads / lasses, ive been riding for 30 years.. last sportsbike I had was k6 gsxr1000.. sold it cos it was killing my knees to ride long distance.. had sports tourers, super-moto's, last bike was a multistrada 1200 pikes peak...
just bought 2016 s1000rr. and I bloody love it..
power is insane, looks are to die for, and ive just rode 5hours (280 miles) from home to Lowestoft, and it wasn't too bad. cruise control helped to ease the stiff wrists and neck along the journey..
just ordered puig double bubble screen, evotech tail tidy & rad guard. getting full ventureshield stone chip protection fitted end of month.

its only done 1k miles since last service (oct 2017) so due another next month. can anyone recommend anywhere in teeside / north-east area??

Hi Gaz, welcome to the forum. Glad you got your site registration sorted :).

Theres cooper bmw up your way. Personally I have no experience of them.

I would recommend Alan Jeffries. I know that quite a lot of riders will travel to them from up your way as their dealership of preference. They are also a forum partner so you get 10% off servicing if you are a forum premier member.

Last edited:
Hi Gaz,

If home is Lowestoft then Tim and the team at Lind Norwich will look after you, they are the other dealership to offer us a discount on parts/servicing.

But if its NE then I would go with Soofs options.

Enjoy your new beast.

- Alex

hi alex, no home is Hartlepool, I work in Lowestoft.. I'm gonna go with Alan Jefferies when its due.. thanks again for input

Welcome to the forum Gaz and congratulations on your new RR!

Great variety of bikes in your riding history, what was your Multistrada like?

Good choice going for Evotech radiator guards and tail-tidy, the quality of their products is superb.

Enjoy the forum and I hope you have many happy miles ahead of you [emoji4]

- Oli

@oli multistrada was great. very very comfy and so easy to ride quick... I used to ride the 5 hour journey down here in Lowestoft from home in Teeside via B-roads only and it was mint. felt fresh as a daisy when I arrived and could quite easily ride straight back home if need be.. S1000RR is great ride, but riding position feels totally alien to me. need to build up some core muscle I think.. just been told from wife that I was caught doing 37 in a 30 on way down here last week.. 1st journey on it and I get caught speeding.. WTF.. good job my licence is clean, however I think it's gonna be a struggle to keep it that way on this animal...

not home till next Thursday so wont e fitting new items till then..

Back