Clarke Bike Lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Aye it's grand...only thing is it takes up floor space, I'll lay it on it's side when not in use being mindful of letting the oil in the hydraulics settling before I use it again.... it's heavy as f... btw

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

It's the extra floor space that's putting me off the bike-lift type, but I'm thinking I could put it in a corner using the engine crane when it's not needed.

How stable is it with it jacked right up? I want to go out and take the exhaust off my sp1 today, but my back is buggered.

Pretty solid with the screw down feet applied... think you just have to be careful when it's fully raised... Centre of Gravity has to be considered but if you ratchet strap it, the rear wheel nut and front sprocket removal/replacement for example shouldn't be a problem Kenny..

maxjax1.PNGmaxjax2.jpg

After lots of thinking about what kind of lift to get, one of these small 2 post car ramps came up for sale locally. Hardly been used, and looks mint condition. Fellow selling it is moving abroad, so needed to clear his garage. I had been considering a full size 2 post ramp and making something to lift the bikes, which made me hesitate in just buying a bike lift. It doesn't come with the bike attachment, but they are available, but i might just make a platform to fit t for the bikes, maybe with an swing arm stand to attach also. need to get it set up when I'm home from work, then suss out how to sort out a bike attachment

Actually looks pretty good that, I've seen that style before...every lift has a drawback mine included..what about reaching into the inside area where the arms lift the bike ?.

Is it three phase ? Just noticed is it air operated, just thinking about a powerful enough compressor if it is.. sorry Kenny just babbling on a bit lol.

Last edited:
Actually looks pretty good that, I've seen that style before...every lift has a drawback mine included..what about reaching into the inside area where the arms lift the bike ?.

Is it three phase ? Just noticed is it air operated, just thinking about a powerful enough compressor if it is.. sorry Kenny just babbling on a bit lol.

I think the main drawback will be the access to the side closest to the post.

It's electro hydraulic, single phase. My thoughts are give it a go, and if it doesn't work as planned I'll get a dedicated bike lift, and if no use for working on cars, I should be able to sell it on easily enough. I hope!

Might not be that big a hurdle that.... as long as you can reach over.

I'm guessing the box is for the hydraulic fluid then...looks a slick beast .. get it bought !

I think the main drawback will be the access to the side closest to the post.

Er.... wheel the bike on backwards !!!
Just make sure the bolts are fitted properly as well. There is no self balance like the ABBA or Clarke lift.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back