Clarke Bike Lift

S1000RR  FORUM

Help Support S1000RR FORUM:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How you getting on with the lift Stuart?

I'm thinking I should buy myself a christmas present, and a bike lift is possibly on the cards.

Or maybe some of these sealey modular workbench/cupboard/toolbox units that machine mart sell, or possibly a big compressor or tig welder. Too much time on my hands at work when everybody else is knocked off, and not bought anything for the garage for a while

i've had the same lift for about 10yrs now,still workiong as it should,although not the most stable when it's high up,but nothing enough to worry me

How you getting on with the lift Stuart?

I'm thinking I should buy myself a christmas present, and a bike lift is possibly on the cards.

Or maybe some of these sealey modular workbench/cupboard/toolbox units that machine mart sell, or possibly a big compressor or tig welder. Too much time on my hands at work when everybody else is knocked off, and not bought anything for the garage for a while
Ryte Kenny still sitting on my garage floor.. fully intend to start on a strip down tomorrow.

Was waiting on these two getting me a harris rear paddock stand yesterday morning... instead I got a slip of paper from them saying it was out of stock...lol..

So I'm not waiting till it comes in, I'm just going to use my cheapo one.

I'll take some pics as I go along, but it looks a rerr bit of kit..Jimmy Macs got the same one, says it's excellent.

NB: They're not getting picked up as punishment ... huh
5df1e96f642be5e1c152b1f7cd002d51.jpg

Stuart's Galaxy sent this !

I?ll go pick them up Stu.
Couple of nightmares them two !..

Anyhow was out on my bike today...just a scoot around for a few hours and then decided to stick it on the ramp....looks pretty good....working at waist height (Brakes, C and S....O and F, Fairing) is going to be fantastic...none of this lying on my side or kneeling, my knees are dead sore now when I do this... that's it shown at full height...the top of the tank is just above my head, to get in about the knickers of it it's perfect for the above...

6b772acbefd83e3509736bb39c0c47cc.jpg
43ca99e64830cb022cf3a4b74a77707e.jpg
4e56593e55ba6af1239be0b472823e3a.jpg
05365648a15036fe3a6f15f6856086e7.jpg
07b1cb29fe8f1074a0972b01a9ab2ce5.jpg
eed91ba197a18a608662adccbebcee36.jpg

also an extra little bit of security,lower onto the last rung/stopper and remove the lifting crank to make it a bit harder to get off,not going to stop them for long,but every little helps

also an extra little bit of security,lower onto the last rung/stopper and remove the lifting crank to make it a bit harder to get off,not going to stop them for long,but every little helps
Yea mate.. needs another couple of straps too before I start pulling and hauling at it.

Bike Lift

That looks really good. I?m very tempted to buy one when I get back to the UK. I have a KGN Bike Bench in storage which is good but it doesn?t allow you to elevate the bike. This looks ideal and reasonably priced.

It's solid Ryan...no more sore knees, lets face it most of the maintenance I do.... new tyres, chain, brakes, oil and filter are all best undertaken at height.... makes sense.

Those LED lights look shit hot...

I was thinking if yours doesn't have hydraulics how the hell do you get the machine on !...

Now I know.... holy shit..the implications ....wobble wobble...accelerate ! Lol.

Looks a good bit of kit stu.

I'm just waiting to get prices for a couple of options, think I'll bite the bullet and get one. Just need to pay off the finance on the bike first
Aye it's grand...only thing is it takes up floor space, I'll lay it on it's side when not in use being mindful of letting the oil in the hydraulics settling before I use it again.... it's heavy as f... btw

Back